Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bio or Hypo?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

OnPoint

Have used hypo on full rendered walls but this has thrown me.

Would you use Hypo and completely soak the lower level roof or cover with tarpaulin? So it doesn't effect the roof tiles.

Or would you just biocide it?

Attachments

• IMG-20230220-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20230220-WA0004.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG-20230220-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20230220-WA0003.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG-20230220-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20230220-WA0002.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG-20230220-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20230220-WA0001.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 21
Have used hypo on full rendered walls but this has thrown me.

Would you use Hypo and completely soak the lower level roof or cover with tarpaulin? So it doesn't effect the roof tiles.

Or would you just biocide it?
I'd use hypo and it won't harm tiles in any way but would badly discolour the lead flashing.
Another option when run-off is an issue is to use something like Tornado Cleanze using a roller on an extension pole - it's a hypo based gel but much weaker than a nypo mix and may need several coats or more.
I also noticed recently that Soft wash UK have now started selling their own version of a gel product - Gel X

I'd use hypo and it won't harm tiles in any way but would badly discolour the lead flashing.
Another option when run-off is an issue is to use something like Tornado Cleanze using a roller on an extension pole - it's a hypo based gel but much weaker than a nypo mix and may need several coats or more.
I also noticed recently that Soft wash UK have now started selling their own version of a gel product - Gel X
I think you would still get clean streaks when rinsing on the roof though , we would just give that section of roof a heavy coat as well and it will clean it up would only take a few muinits. Might lead to doing the whole house roof ?.

I would hypo it but not all would agree never very impressed with bio to be honest , I can guarantee results with hypo , we would clean the roof section ware it runs off as well .
Agree completely and you may well need to come back and reapply bio to get it done properly - especially this time of year

Agree completely and you may well need to come back and reapply bio to get it done properly - especially this time of year
And Waite 6 months plus to start seeing results customers won’t pay for that in my experience they want instant clean , bio is more useful for an annual spray after the roof is clean to kill off any new growth that’s my experience.

Thanks for the replies.

They aren't interested in having the roof cleaned already tried that step.

That's why I I'm a little paranoid about using hypo and it leaving cleaner sections than the rest of the tiles/Roof so came to the bio option ?

And don't forget the flashing which needs to be constantly soaked - and that's still no guarantee so don't use too stong a mix of hypo.
I wonder if sometimes I'm overly cautious but personally when run-off is a genuine concern I'd rather use a gel like Tornado Cleanze and factor the extra cost and labour into the price. If they don't want to pay it, fine, they can get someone else in to do it and see how they like it when their nice shiny lead turns orange.
And it's only about £40 so not a huge cost and it does work but may need several applications.

Just realised there was another reply.

Thank you to both Pjj and yourself. Received soke valued information going forward and done a fair bit of reading with regards the flashing ?

Rather have more information than none. They seemed shocked at my given quote so doubtful I'll hear anything back.

Back