Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Block management canvasing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

THWC

Hi all,

First Post for a while so I hope all are doing well.
Does anyone canvas block management companies for those that do high level work?
I have started emailing companies today but wanted to know if anyone uses telesales for this or an email is good enough?
Does anyone use Aby other methods to canvas block management companies?
Tony

Hi all,

First Post for a while so I hope all are doing well.
Does anyone canvas block management companies for those that do high level work?
I have started emailing companies today but wanted to know if anyone uses telesales for this or an email is good enough?
Does anyone use Aby other methods to canvas block management companies?
Tony
When yoy say high level are you talking about abseiling / cradles or just 5 & 6 floor buildings using WFP. Very hard to get started in them as Property Managers tend to be lazy and only get new companies if they have problems with the current one, or chasing cheaper quotes, @Cghwindowcleaning probably knows more than me.
Before you look to get work I'd suggest being Safe Contractor, or any nationally recognised H&S company, accredited as more than likely that will be the first question they will ask you.

When yoy say high level are you talking about abseiling / cradles or just 5 & 6 floor buildings using WFP. Very hard to get started in them as Property Managers tend to be lazy and only get new companies if they have problems with the current one, or chasing cheaper quotes, @Cghwindowcleaning probably knows more than me.
Before you look to get work I'd suggest being Safe Contractor, or any nationally recognised H&S company, accredited as more than likely that will be the first question they will ask you.
Thanks Part Timer,

Yes I am talking about from ground floor.
I currently sub contract for a company and I clean for two block management companies, I have around 1-2 weeks average a month at the min on blocks and am looking to increase that to 2-3 weeks a month as want to go 50/50 with my rounds.
I fell in with the companies I work with so just looking at a way of reaching out to others to increase workload if that makes sense.

@THWC I hope I'm not misinterpreting your question, but my friend cleans windows of blocks of flats that are all the same building management company. Exactly as @Part Timer said he was contacted when the previous cleaner let them down a few times. I don't think they would have looked otherwise as they tend to be like a dog chasing it's tail with the amount of other work they have to do. My friend has it on his website that he does work for building management companies etc and can also clean higher level (or 5, 6, 7 storeys) and that's how they found him. He was really nervous at first but now loves the work and does very little single domestic work jobs, if you see what I mean. The only thing is the payment terms which I think are usually around 6 weeks, but once he got in the cycle of getting paid he was fine about it. I have noticed this year on the Facebook groups a lot more window cleaners are asking about commercial and building management work, so I imagine at the right price it's because it's regular money all year round with less chance of cancellations etc. Hope it pans out for you mate 👍

@THWC I hope I'm not misinterpreting your question, but my friend cleans windows of blocks of flats that are all the same building management company. Exactly as @Part Timer said he was contacted when the previous cleaner let them down a few times. I don't think they would have looked otherwise as they tend to be like a dog chasing it's tail with the amount of other work they have to do. My friend has it on his website that he does work for building management companies etc and can also clean higher level (or 5, 6, 7 storeys) and that's how they found him. He was really nervous at first but now loves the work and does very little single domestic work jobs, if you see what I mean. The only thing is the payment terms which I think are usually around 6 weeks, but once he got in the cycle of getting paid he was fine about it. I have noticed this year on the Facebook groups a lot more window cleaners are asking about commercial and building management work, so I imagine at the right price it's because it's regular money all year round with less chance of cancellations etc. Hope it pans out for you mate 👍
Thanks Scrubsy.
Yes as I say I already clean for a couple I am just trying to increase workload.
So trying to find ways of getting more work.
I agree with you that it sounds more luck of the draw rather than canvassing them so perhaps if I just email loads and cross the fingers I get a call from someone who has been let down.

Thanks Scrubsy.
Yes as I say I already clean for a couple I am just trying to increase workload.
So trying to find ways of getting more work.
I agree with you that it sounds more luck of the draw rather than canvassing them so perhaps if I just email loads and cross the fingers I get a call from someone who has been let down.
Absolutely mate @THWC . Well worth emailing the companies. All it costs you is the time typing it out so anything that comes out of it is a win.

Block management work was some of the best but to be honest it’s getting worse.
Some property managers are a nightmare to deal with & getting hold of the right person can be hard.
Some blocks have very little money or are bordering bankrupt so I’m finding window cleaning is becoming less of a priority to them.

Some of the big companies actually charge you a fee to be an approved contractor.

It’s hard getting in with them now if you do pick any up and they are 4 floors and above price well.Four and above is a different ball game.

Back