Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bolting tank frame to peugeot partner van

WCF

Help Support WCF:

PureShine

Hi All.

Struggling to know how/where to bolt my tank frame to the van floor. The box section seems to end just before where i want to bolt the frame so appears not possible and then I've thought about bolting into the van floor and using high tensile bolts, washers and spreader plates but have been told this will rip through in the event of an accident? Tank is 500L Wydale and the frame is from the cleaning warehouse.

Any ideas/info on how this can be done would be appreciated

Most car derived vans use the same floor pan as the people carrier version of the same van does.

They put a false floor over where the rear passenger footwells are. We found on both the pre 2007 vans that you can gain access to this empty space from inside the cabin - behind the seats. We used lengths of 25mm x 5mm flat bar. It is an awkward area to work in.

We also found that we could secure the rear through the floor and secure these with spreader plates from underneath as it misses the fuel tank. The fuel tank is normally situated under the floor where the rear seat would be. On both vans the upright 500l tank was fitted width ways.

We were able to fit another 500l tank length ways on a ford transit connect the same way.

The most important securing points are going to be at the rear. You can usually find where the chassis rails are by counting the floor ridges in from either side. Ply lining screw holes can also help you to pin point where they are.

With son's 2002 Berlingo 800 we have a factory fit lower steel bulkhead and an upper steel mesh bulkhead. It's much more secure that the cheap bulkheads made from bake beans tins

Hi All.

Struggling to know how/where to bolt my tank frame to the van floor. The box section seems to end just before where i want to bolt the frame so appears not possible and then I've thought about bolting into the van floor and using high tensile bolts, washers and spreader plates but have been told this will rip through in the event of an accident? Tank is 500L Wydale and the frame is from the cleaning warehouse.

Any ideas/info on how this can be done would be appreciated
I dont know how mechanical you are etc but I'm not atall so when I 1st had my tanks bolted into my first van I had the fitting included at cleaning warehouse in Wolverhampton. There fitter Sunny is a great guy and did a great job. When I changed Van's instead if a long trip to the Midlands I asked a local garage if they could do it cos I couldn't see on my new van how there would be space to bolt through. But for £80 the mechanic took it out of old van and fitted it into my new one and picked it up 90 mins later ready to work. The mechanic told me the fuel tank isnt a problem cos worst case scenario they can loosen the fuel tanks drop it down bolt the tank in then put the fuel tank back up so theres always a way

Cheers lads. Spoke to one of the cleaning warehouse mechanics today, he explained exactly how to do it on the van model I have. Once he explained how to do it the process sounds straight forward enough for me to do myself, however as he was so knowledgable and decent by explaining everything in detail I've decided to get them to do the install. Cost is £360 all in just for the frame bolting, but I'm confident they will do the best and ultimately safest install

Cheers lads. Spoke to one of the cleaning warehouse mechanics today, he explained exactly how to do it on the van model I have. Once he explained how to do it the process sounds straight forward enough for me to do myself, however as he was so knowledgable and decent by explaining everything in detail I've decided to get them to do the install. Cost is £360 all in just for the frame bolting, but I'm confident they will do the best and ultimately safest install
Hope it all works out for you mate, I was definately very happy with cleaning warehouse and like you say by having a pro install it you know your not taking a chance on safety ?

Hope it all works out for you mate, I was definately very happy with cleaning warehouse and like you say by having a pro install it you know your not taking a chance on safety ?
I'm totally with you and you can't put a price on safety but £360 to fit a tank does seem a bit leggy, when Grippatank came and did a full system fit on my driveway for £400. Just a thought.

I'm totally with you and you can't put a price on safety but £360 to fit a tank does seem a bit leggy, when Grippatank came and did a full system fit on my driveway for £400. Just a thought.
Sometimes the fitting charge alone isn't a true comparison.

It could be that grippatank have more margin in the price of their tank to begin with so can afford to ' skimp' a bit on the fitting charge.

We had someone once complain on the forums that Purefreedom charged him £400 to fit an old p/f tank taken his old van to his new van. He was disgusted at the price "to just drill a couple of holes."

I can confirm from experience that fitting a tank and all the accessories is more that just drilling a couple of holes. But again, price is down to customer perceptions the same as it is pricing window cleaning.

If the tank is being fitted in a workshop labor costs have to cover the cost of running the workshop. Often there are 2 employees helping each other = 2 salaries.

A mobile fitter will have different overheads. Maybe he's sub contracted to the company and self employed so it's a labor cost and mileage. What happens if the day you van is booked in for a driveway fitting the weather 'stops play'? In a workshop the weather isn't a factor.

There are just so many variables. At the tail end of the day the question is if the client is happy with the cost of not.

@dazmond got his local garage to fit his tank. But he also got Grippatank to fit his diesel heater.

@chris clean feels happy that his tank is going to be fitted by someone who has experience fitting tanks. He is now more confident that the job is going to be done well and safely. That what counts imho.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm not sure what the £400 includes but im sure he must be getting more than simply bolting the tank in as I spoke to cleaning warehouse recently about the possibility of getting another system fitted if I get a second can soon and there hourly labour costs are very good. 

Sometimes the fitting charge alone isn't a true comparison.

It could be that grippatank have more margin in the price of their tank to begin with so can afford to ' skimp' a bit on the fitting charge.

We had someone once complain on the forums that Purefreedom charged him £400 to fit an old p/f tank taken his old van to his new van. He was disgusted at the price "to just drill a couple of holes."

I can confirm from experience that fitting a tank and all the accessories is more that just drilling a couple of holes. But again, price is down to customer perceptions that same as it is in window cleaning.

If the tank is being fitted in a workshop labor costs have to cover the cost of running the workshop. Often there are 2 employees helping each other = 2 salaries.

A mobile fitter will have different overheads. Maybe he's sub contracted to the company and self employed so it's a labor cost and mileage. What happens if the day you van is booked in for a driveway fitting the weather 'stops play'? In a workshop the weather isn't a factor.

There are just so many variables. At the tail end of the day the question is if the client is happy with the cost of not.

@dazmond got his local garage to fit his tank. But he also got Grippatank to fit his diesel heater.

@chris clean feels happy that his tank is going to be fitted by someone who has experience fitting tanks. He is now more confident that the job is going to be done well and safely. That what counts imho.
@spruce I couldn't agree more with you from what you have already written. Just to add too though that the £400 minus the vat  assuming hes not registered will be a business expense anyway and my feeling is I would rather give my money for quality fitting and equipment that to the man or lady at HMRC??

I'm not sure what the £400 includes but im sure he must be getting more than simply bolting the tank in as I spoke to cleaning warehouse recently about the possibility of getting another system fitted if I get a second can soon and there hourly labour costs are very good. 

@spruce I couldn't agree more with you from what you have already written. Just to add too though that the £400 minus the vat  assuming hes not registered will be a business expense anyway and my feeling is I would rather give my money for quality fitting and equipment that to the man or lady at HMRC??

This is very true although you still have to earn that £360 in the first place. All the tax man is doing is conceding a portion of that, depending on your tax bracket.

What @PureShine will have is an invoice/certificate he can show to his insurance company that his tank was professionally fitted.

Last edited by a moderator:
£400 ??

I stated £360 all in. Which is including VAT. It is the price for tank frame install only, nothing else.

Lol just re-read the posts again. I misread what was being said

This is very true although you still have to earn that £360 in the first place. All the tax man is doing is conceding a portion of that, depending on your tax bracket.

What @PureShine will have is an invoice/certificate he can show to his insurance company that his tank was professionally fitted.
Yep your are absolutely right with the tax etc ?

Back