Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Booster pump location?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

chrisb2

Hi all. I have just purchased a water genie booster pump in the box to increase my water pressure.
I have a new high pressure Axeon hf membrane fitted in my pure freedom 650l system.
Do I install the booster pump before the 2 x prefilters or after the 2 x prefilters between them and the Ro?
Many thanks

personal choice - mine before the pre filters

I know several that do it the same as me and several who fit it after the pre filters

personal choice - mine before the pre filters

I know several that do it the same as me and several who fit it after the pre filters
The problem with putting it before your pre filters is that any grit in the pipes hit your pump and could cause premature wear. I doubt it's a problem just something to consider.

how bad is your mains water :confused:

been running pumps this way coming unto 10 years and only lost a pump when I left it on all night and the shut off valve activated cycling the water around the pump and it turned to steam and melted the innards !

how bad is your mains water :confused:

been running pumps this way coming unto 10 years and only lost a pump when I left it on all night and the shut off valve activated cycling the water around the pump and it turned to steam and melted the innards !
Just look at your sediment filter to see how much rubbish is in your water supply! With the sediment filter before your pump all that rubbish never gets to your pump.

It's always best to protect any pump from debris. Do you have a mesh filter between your van tank and your 12v pump?

If you haven't had any pump issues over 10 years then that's great but personally I wouldn't take the risk of not having a sediment filter before an expensive pump, especially when you have the filter in your system anyway - it's not like it costs any extra to have it before the pump.

I think that most of the filter housings are only rated to 125psi, the water genie pump I use is rated at 150psi - so in theory the filter housings can't tolerate that pressure.

I assembled it according the instructions of the pump supplier - I use dab pumps - they are used for bore holes etc so can handle sediment

when I change the sediment filter at worst its gone orange - no real large sediment in the housing or on the filter itself

I don't really class £120 as expensive - well unless you change it every couple of months

Back