Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Booster pump needed..?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I'm most likely gonna ring Pure Freedom and ask them some questions, but yeah, it's looking like I'm gonna need a booster fitted.
I rang them last week and they were as about as much use as a chocolate fireguard I got far more help on this forum from @spruce and as I had bought my ro from @doug atkinson he also took time to chat to me on the phone and have a talk through about the troubles i was having, He is far more knowledgeable and a proper gent who is always happy to help 

I rang them last week and they were as about as much use as a chocolate fireguard I got far more help on this forum from @spruce and as I had bought my ro from @doug atkinson he also took time to chat to me on the phone and have a talk through about the troubles i was having, He is far more knowledgeable and a proper gent who is always happy to help 

There are only a handful of suppliers who have an indepth knowledge of the products they supply. Most are just order takers. Its not only in our industry, its over all industries. People also seem to be too scared to offer advise as they could be held responsible for giving the wrong advise.

Recently I purchased some 1mm steel cutting discs for my Bosch 115mm angle grinder. My angle grinder is nearly 25 years old and 1mm discs were unheard off in those days. So the flanges that hold the disc weren't designed to clamp a disc of that thickness.

So I emailed a few suppliers of nuts and flanges if the product they were selling as Bosch compatiable would do the job. 3 suppliers didn't know, 1 told me to buy a set and tell him if they worked and Bosch didn't even reply.

I happened to mention this to a Bosch dealer/repairer in Springs (South Africa) who I communicate with occassionally (usually when he wants an opinion on a Bosch power tool failure his customers are experiencing) and he had the answer immediately. He gave me the Bosch part numbers of the components needed.

I also contacted a manufacturer in China who was selling these on Ebay. He came back virtually right away with a positive answer. I ordered them from him.

When I worked in the motor trade I just could not believe the poor level of troubleshooting capabilities the majority of our mechanics had as well as their total lack of interest. It was only then that I understood why they weren't called mechanics but fitters. Gone are the days when an old mechanic could set the timing up on a V8 engine by ear ( the sound of the idling engine.) As I youngster I challenged an old boy to check his setup with a timing light and I saw it was spot on.

How things have changed. That same dealership employed a young apprentice mechanic. He was too young to get his drivers licence but from day one could do most of what the experienced mechanics could do. His Dad collected old Pontiacs and he learnt repair and servicing skills from an early age working next to his father. Compare that to an apprentice we got in the Citroen dealership I worked for. He didn't even know how to open the bonnet of a Citroen Picasso. He lasted 2 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back