Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Brass angled hose connector

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I have not used PTFE tape. It’s leaking on the joint of the swivel bit. I have in the past changed the rubber washers but given up on that now. Just wondered if there was a better quality fitting. Thanks though.

I have not used PTFE tape. It’s leaking on the joint of the swivel bit. I have in the past changed the rubber washers but given up on that now. Just wondered if there was a better quality fitting. Thanks though.
If it's anything like the ones Gardiners used to sell then if you take the fitting off the reel and look inside it might have what looks like a hex head inside that an Allen key would tighten,

People in the past used to advise tightening this inside, I've no idea how they did this as it's a lot bigger than a typical size.

If it's anything like the ones Gardiners used to sell then if you take the fitting off the reel and look inside it might have what looks like a hex head inside that an Allen key would tighten,

People in the past used to advise tightening this inside, I've no idea how they did this as it's a lot bigger than a typical size.
It is usually the o rings inside which wear with use. I've never taken one apart, thought. My son has one on his other hose reel. It is as wobbly as anything but, to date, has never leaked.

But then again, we use our hose reels outside the van. They only get connected up to the van ports when the hose has been extended out to where we need it. So the o rings wouldn't wear as quickly. Somewhere there is a spare one, but I have no idea where.

Many thanks @Iron Giant .
I have tried taking it apart etc and tightening it etc, it’s ok a couple of days then starts leaking again. The one I have on now has lasted a good few years. But I was looking at internet order instead of going in to Leeds. I may give the amazon ones a try. Thanks too @PC

It is usually the o rings inside which wear with use. I've never taken one apart, thought. My son has one on his other hose reel. It is as wobbly as anything but, to date, has never leaked.

But then again, we use our hose reels outside the van. They only get connected up to the van ports when the hose has been extended out to where we need it. So the o rings wouldn't wear as quickly. Somewhere there is a spare one, but I have no idea where.
I never had much of an issue with them in the past before switching to an electric reel, funnily enough, I found one on a shelf in my garage this morning I've not had a need for one for over 5 years

Latest Posts

Back