Brass pencil jets size

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by davewindowcleaner, Sep 28, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. davewindowcleaner

davewindowcleaner Well-Known Member

I am looking to try larger brass pencil jets size for my brushes. The biggest one I can find is gardiner 3mm.

Can you get a sightly bigger jets than 3mm somewhere else?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. J D

J D Well-Known Member

I think that's currrently the biggest! Have you not tried fan jets?

3. davewindowcleaner

Yeah I tried fans jets, never really liked it

4. spruce

spruce Grand Master

3mm jets are twice the size of 2mm jets. We found we wasted too much water with 3mm jets as we turned the flow up higher to get a better stream. Rinsing was great though.

In the early days we used jets like these
    http://www.wintecs.co.uk/catalog/pencil-5mm3mm-brass-each-p-1145.html?cPath=168_52

There was enough 'meat' on the jets for you to drill them out to 3.5mm if you were careful. I wouldn't go any more than that though.

5. davewindowcleaner

My thinking was the 3mm jets or more would make rinsing better and get the job done quicker.

Yeah I can see I would lose a lot more water if I took my time rinsing like I do with a smaller jets

6. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

What water flow rate do you want to work with? Can you turn you water flow rate up? Depending on the pump 2mm pencil jets can give a flow rate from zero to 4 litres a minute. You might be averaging around 3 litres per minute depending on the hose size, length and height.

Advertisement