Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Builders Clean Metal Burnt into Glass

WCF

Help Support WCF:

DeLaCruz

Builders clean - a couple panes have brown metal burnt into the glass, likely from the builders using angle grinder to slice some scaffold to allow access. It's lots of brown small metallic spots embedded in the glass - i tried bronze wool with rubout, also tried scraper it takes the raised part of it off a little bit but leaves a 1-2mm mark behind - the glass is covered in this and paint spots so i have advised the building firm it needs replacing as its so embedded in the glass. They said do what you can and don't worry about results on these ones. Just wondered if there is anyway of improving these panes ? thanks

Builders clean - a couple panes have brown metal burnt into the glass, likely from the builders using angle grinder to slice some scaffold to allow access. It's lots of brown small metallic spots embedded in the glass - i tried bronze wool with rubout, also tried scraper it takes the raised part of it off a little bit but leaves a 1-2mm mark behind - the glass is covered in this and paint spots so i have advised the building firm it needs replacing as its so embedded in the glass. They said do what you can and don't worry about results on these ones. Just wondered if there is anyway of improving these panes ? thanks
There is very little you can do when it rains they will go rusty and look 10 x worse they need replacing

It's actually melted the glass surface and become embedded.

I have a couple of windows where the householder did some mig welding close to them and some tiny weld splatter is embedded. Feel the embedded material as you go over them. Only cure is new panes.

The hot metal melts the glass and once it rains then the iron particles left behind rust so they always have brown spots
Explain to the customer then crack on with the job

Back