Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Builders Cleans Water Fed

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I'm mostly trad but have the PF trolley which is brilliant for certain jobs. For some reason over the last few months I have been getting a lot of big builders cleans. Mostly retail and good size panes of glass. Weirdly alot of them have been in shaded areas so the water takes a long time to dry and sometimes I have found that on first cleans like this that sometimes I am getting spotting if I leave it dry naturally. Anyways what I have been doing and it's worked lovely, is using the water fed to get the initial c**p off, clan signage and frames, giving it a good scrub and rinse and then using my 36" Sorbo to take off the excess water.

Glass gleaming and dry & I don't have to explain to the store why there is water still left on the window which is always a bonus! I'm only fairly new to WFP, 6 months or there abouts & I'm just wondering if anyone else does this or just lets things dry naturally. Maybe it's a lack of confidence on my part that it won't dry correctly and I will have to go back and sort it. At least now i walk away knowing it's perfect.

Thoughts are welcome :D ?

Love wfp but don't feel it's up to the task for builders cleans with cement and gunk everywhere. As much as it pains me to say it, nose to glass the first time is the way to go if it's a customer you'll do regularly. The extra work pays off in the long run.

I am inclined to pay someone else do to that kind of work though, as I don't enjoy ladder work any more.

Yeah I think both techniques have their calling . I find mixing it up is great. I have some really tough jobs recently all builders or jobs that haven't got done in years. I use the water fed to clean signage and frames to get initial stuff off and them a once over the glass to push down the initial dirt.

I will wash and scrap anything that needs to be done on the glass and them wfp the excess off. At the end if spotting isn't drying if accessible I will wipe off to a dry finish.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back