Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Business Banking

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Under the current account switching agreement all the banks will forward on any payments from your old account for up to 2 years - plenty time to switch all your customers! :thumbsup:

Now lots of us have used personal accounts, some still do, and there is nothing illegal nor immoral about doing so (just for the record)
However the benefits of a business account to a small business are many I will not list all of them here but a few.

Firstly, it keeps your 'personal' and 'business' finances separate so you have a 100% clear picture of whats going on.

This will be a massive help if you ever decide to sell your round as you have an official record of your companies money month to month to help prove income and value.

After a couple of years should you decide to expand and buy another round you have an established history with your bank which will help you get a loan so that you can expand. Or money for a van or system or such like.

If the tax man gets on you your finances are so much easier to prove and show.

So that's just a couple of the reasons.

Today I opened an account with Sandanter which is no fees.

I dont mean no fees for 12 or 18 months I mean ever if you use it correctly.

After the 1st 18 months which is free for everything they charge for cash deposits, this is the only thing they charge for full stop. £7.50 per month for the first £1000 CASH then up the prices from there.

So I asked the question......'What if I pay CASH into my personal account and then transfer it online to my Business Account?'

'No fees what so ever' My account manager tells me.

So a little food for thought, totally free business accounts from Sandanter.
Hey green...just a quick question. If it is not illegal to use your current account for business and the main good reason for having a business account you say is to keep everything seperate then what about just opening up a seperate current account with another bank and just use that for business so that its all sepeprate?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Hey green...just a quick question. If it is not illegal to use your current account for business and the main good reason for having a business account you say is to keep everything seperate then what about just opening up a seperate current account with another bank and just use that for business so that its all sepeprate?
Ps...upon just looking into Santanders start up business account, it appears that it is now a £7.50 flat fee per month regardless of cash deposits etc and then all deposits etc are free of charge after that?

Went in at 12am today, was out by 130 with a business account with all the frills I need.

The direct number for booking appointments is 08000678999 in case you want it.

Thanks

Clean Windows to view clear sky.

Back