Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Calibration problems

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I have a van mounted tank system and rather stupidly I left it switched on when I got home last week. Went to work in the morning and it wasn't dead ending, try to re calibrate it but it was calibrating at a low number c5. Tried to charge battery still at a low number. Then thought it was an air lock so checked all fittings there all fine. Drove around yesterday to help charge battery and calibrated came out at c10. Usually it calibrates at c25. The charge of the battery seems good as its showing at 12.8. Would like to get the calibration back up to c25 and I cannot do it manually as the pump won't shut off at a higher calibration number.

I think he is talking about the auto calibration not giving out the correct values.

The thing is I have too left my pump on over the weekend and not noticed anything wrong

But the number itself is not all that important what is important that your flow rate is correct. Regardless of the the variystream is saying what's your pressure / flow rate like?

You might be worth bench charging first and then checking the voltage when the pump is running. It could be that the battery isn't able to hold a decent voltage when the pump is running, i.e. it should be able to hold above 12v with the pump running.
Also check all your electrical connection points, including earths and fuse connectors as there could be corrosion causing a low voltage.

I think he is talking about the auto calibration not giving out the correct values.

The thing is I have too left my pump on over the weekend and not noticed anything wrong

But the number itself is not all that important what is important that your flow rate is correct. Regardless of the the variystream is saying what's your pressure / flow rate like?
The flow rate is OK, but to me it doesn't seem as powerful as before I left it on overnight, again that may be because the battery needs a good charge. When pump is running the readings from the battery is about 12.4 which I about right

The flow rate is OK, but to me it doesn't seem as powerful as before I left it on overnight, again that may be because the battery needs a good charge. When pump is running the readings from the battery is about 12.4 which I about right

12.4 while running is fine. Best bet is check all your connections. Also manual set the setting to the value you want. And see how that's running. May work as it did before

12.4 while running is fine. Best bet is check all your connections. Also manual set the setting to the value you want. And see how that's running. May work as it did before
Tried to do the manual setting on the calibration but at c22 the dead end doesn't kick in the pump just keeps running. Before accidently leaving it on over night it was running absolutely fine.

I have a van mounted tank system and rather stupidly I left it switched on when I got home last week. Went to work in the morning and it wasn't dead ending, try to re calibrate it but it was calibrating at a low number c5. Tried to charge battery still at a low number. Then thought it was an air lock so checked all fittings there all fine. Drove around yesterday to help charge battery and calibrated came out at c10. Usually it calibrates at c25. The charge of the battery seems good as its showing at 12.8. Would like to get the calibration back up to c25 and I cannot do it manually as the pump won't shut off at a higher calibration number.
You have to drive a long way to put any reasonable charge back into the battery. The other day we used 12 amps from my leisure battery and the 10 mile home trip put back 2 amps.
Back home, my 10amp Numax smart charger ran for nearly 3 hours charging that battery up before it went into float mode.

It has been stated by an Australian motor home magazine that it would require a journey of 750km to fully recharge a flat leisure battery.

You could try calibrating the controller with the engine running and see if that make a difference. If it does, it either means the battery needs a good bench charge or it needs to be replaced. I would try the bench charge first.

Tried to do the manual setting on the calibration but at c22 the dead end doesn't kick in the pump just keeps running. Before accidently leaving it on over night it was running absolutely fine.
I have a digital controller and I manually set the Cal 55 with a Flow of 60, I'd up the cal until DE kicks in just because you had it set low previously doesn't mean it will be the case moving forward, also if you haven't run your pump flat out and at flo of 99 to be 100% certain there isn't air in the system I'd do that.

I have a digital controller and I manually set the Cal 55 with a Flow of 60, I'd up the cal until DE kicks in just because you had it set low previously doesn't mean it will be the case moving forward, also if you haven't run your pump flat out and at flo of 99 to be 100% certain there isn't air in the system I'd do that.
I have tried manually doing but the dead end doesn't kick in the pump just keeps on running. Tried running the pump flat out for a while as well, but will give it another go

I have tried manually doing but the dead end doesn't kick in the pump just keeps on running. Tried running the pump flat out for a while as well, but will give it another go
That sounds like an air lock or something wrong. Look at the clear filter before you pump can us see air in it?

Do you get air comming through your brush?

You may have a small leak that's letting air in the system. The load of lea omg your pump on could have caused it

That sounds like an air lock or something wrong. Look at the clear filter before you pump can us see air in it?

Do you get air comming through your brush?

You may have a small leak that's letting air in the system. The load of lea omg your pump on could have caused it
Good point, I periodically check all jubilee clips on my system as they do need nipping up a few times over the year and with a controller been left on all weekend with the system under full pressure this could have caused an issue with the fittings on the pump and other areas

Latest Posts

Back