Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pump only runs when calibrating?.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Wayne33

Hi Guys.

Has anyone experienced this?.

Shurflo pump, no more than 6 months old.
Flow started pulsing last week, had to keep going back to the van and disconnecting and re connect.

Thought it was the hozelock connector shutting. Have checked and replaced. No change.

Pulsing got worse today to the point pump was shutting of completely. DE.

I recalibrated the controller and since then it won't run at all just displays DE.

Pump will only run when calibrating, as soon as you press set, pump goes to DE.

Could this be pressure switch?.
I have no clue tried everything and I'm in Bristol and there's no where local to take it.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Regards Wayne.

First thing, check all connections and battery voltage (if it's a Spring controller V11 or V16 then press the enter button and it should display voltage) it should be above 12.0v ideally closer to 12.8v.
DE detection is basically the controller saying that current the pump is pulling suggests that it's dead ended. A poor connection can make the controller think it's dead end.
Also make 100% sure you haven't got a kink or twist in the hose on the reel or pole hose.

First thing, check all connections and battery voltage (if it's a Spring controller V11 or V16 then press the enter button and it should display voltage) it should be above 12.0v ideally closer to 12.8v.
DE detection is basically the controller saying that current the pump is pulling suggests that it's dead ended. A poor connection can make the controller think it's dead end.
Also make 100% sure you haven't got a kink or twist in the hose on the reel or pole hose.
Hi.

Battery is 12.5, battery also new.

The pump is doing this when the pole and hose isn't even attached now, I can't even get it to run out of the back of the van/hozelock.

Dead ends as soon as its turned on.

Same thing with pole and reel attached.

The pump must be fine as it runs when calibrating, all I can think of is pressure switch?. Pump is pretty much brand new, had the van and system 5 years, purefreedom.

Regards Wayne.

Disconnect the hose, straight after the pump, and check if the pump runs. Crank it up to full if it doesn't on normal flow
Hi.

Pump runs fine but only when in calibration mode, as soon as you set the controller it dead ends.
No blockage after pump as water pumps out but only when calibrating.
Pump cycles ever couple of seconds when DE as normal.

Regards Wayne.

Hi.

Battery is 12.5, battery also new.

The pump is doing this when the pole and hose isn't even attached now, I can't even get it to run out of the back of the van/hozelock.

Dead ends as soon as its turned on.

Same thing with pole and reel attached.

The pump must be fine as it runs when calibrating, all I can think of is pressure switch?. Pump is pretty much brand new, had the van and system 5 years, purefreedom.

Regards Wayne.
While the battery may be 12.5v but is that getting to the controller?
Triple check the connections are good to the pump - not just visual check but give them a tug.
As @Part Timer said, disconnect the output pipe directly from the pump and see what happens after a recal or just raise the cal value to say double what the auto is set at - above 50 say and see what happens.
If the pressure switch was cutting out the supply to the pump PS would show on the controller display. If that's the issue just short out the pressure switch as with a decent controller it's not critical.

Latest Posts

Back