Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Can A Brush Be Too Light

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I suppose the comments posted above about the Xtreme brushes would have to be classed as a subjective matter of personal opinion not statistically tested fact and based on user working method and personal preference.

I work with all different types of brushes, both within the Gardiner range and those made by other firms.

In our work van which brushes do I and my sub-contractors end up going back to each time after testing other brushes? The Xtreme Medium Mixed. Why would we do this if it slowed us down? We get through a lot of work when out for the day and our one aim is to get this work down as efficiently as possible without wasting time. We find that the Xtreme brush (in our personal opinion and subjective findings) is the fastest brush to use and allows us to work and clean noticeably faster than other brushes (including the standard Super-Lite brushes).

So can a brush be too light? Not really as long as the brush type, bristle type, stock shape, cleaning ability & brush speed suit your cleaning method and work type.

This is why we have been working hard to reduce the weight of the Xtreme range even further. We have a new Xtreme II brush which is about to come into stock and this features 35% less weight (105g) , but with improved cleaning ability. In testing that we have been carrying out over the last 3 or 4 months with these brushes they have easily become our new favourite brushes.

However having said all of the above, defending lighter brushes, brush preference has always been a very subjective and personal thing. I have always noticed that a brush that one person loves another person just cannot get on with. The best advice I can give you is to try out lots of different brush types and brands. I personally tried about 15 different brushes out as a WFP window cleaner before I began supplying - this was purely for my own personal use and trying to work out what I really liked. The brush you end up with will need to suit not only your weight preference, but also your cleaning taste and the way you work.

Of course when you switch to hot water use the whole game changes and so do your brush requirements!
Hi Alex I check and test brushes thoroughly; as for my comments being subjective, I thought as I compared the extreme brush with the superlight brush, both brushes are yours, by the way, you could say I am being more objective as I make and sell wfp brushes myself!

To give you some idea of how thorough I can be – your extreme brush stock is about 91 sq cm in size has 4 rows of filament with aprox 132 knots of individual filaments, totalling about 9,600 monofilaments, each row has 2,400 filaments and weighs on average 40g per row.

In comparison Aerial brush stock is 90 sq cm in size with 7 rows of filament with aprox 176 knots totalling about 45,000 monofilaments, each row has 6,400 filaments and weighs on average 36g per row. (Aerial brushes pack far more punch per gram in weight)

The extreme brush is slow, primarily because it doesn’t have enough bristles; you need to clean longer to achieve the same results.

You can claim to make the lighter brush, but you can’t claim to make the fastest brushes at the same time – otherwise you could jet a toothbrush!

Cheers, Richard

what would you recommend richard

also what is your view on dual trim
I would recommend my brushes bluemonkey! :Image3:

Definitely use double trim more for window cleaning as well as full trim brushes for certain types of work.

Richard

You have just sold me a Tecbuk brush with that info.

BTW lads, if you haven't got a Tecbuk boars hair brush yet, get one. You won't be disappointed!

Tecbuk are they any good for hot water. How light is the total brush weight let me buy what you think would be better than the superlite radius mixed dual trim brush and I will let you know.

Been looking through my email to see which Boars hair brush you brought Tuffers, I gave up, I guess it might be the long bristles Double Trim? sold a lot in the past few weeks. Glad you are getting on with it.

Richard

This is it

IMAG0184.jpg

Excellent on first cleans, skanky conny roofs and anything else that needs a real good scrub.

Tecbuk are they any good for hot water. How light is the total brush weight let me buy what you think would be better than the superlite radius mixed dual trim brush and I will let you know.
From my experience, the red filament one looses its shape with hot water running at 40deg at the brush head.

nowhere to buy anything on there m8 are you sure its a genuine company cant see anyway to buy stuff on line, plus there only seems to be one brush, wheres this amazing boars hair brush.

if i cant buy it online whats the point in selling it online

This is it

IMAG0184.jpg

Excellent on first cleans, skanky conny roofs and anything else that needs a real good scrub.
That’s the same one I have in the van Tuffers; short bristle double trim Boars Hair all black bristles, The most popular is the Long bristle double trim Boars Hair Brush. I never advertise the brush you have; it’s a very rare brush.

If you and Dodger want a jetted Long bristles Boars Hair, I will send you one each for £25.00, £28.95 with postage, if you give me your views when comparing the two types.

Richard

What is the weight of this brush Richard

"The most popular is the Long bristle double trim Boars Hair Brush"

Just weighed 4 of the long bristle brushes Damo, un-jetted 238g, 239g, 241g, 243g, these brushes would give at least 20%extra coverage on the glass

Richard

I don't think a brush can be too light really, none that I've used have been close to me even considering this question.

Back