Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Council estates - whadya reckon ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I would rather be rogered by a giant gorilla than work on a council estate. Would rather take the chance with the slow paying rich. Each to their own tho.

Go with the gut Adam, you're a big boy. When I go to one that I suspect may be a bit iffy I don't give a payment choice, I just say 'no problems, grab your bank details and we'll get you on the direct debit now luv' when they reply 'Oh, no i'll pay cash' That's the alarm, means either no cas in bank or credit so bad not even got a bank account. At which point I just say 'Sorry we don't take cash, have you tried @daveyboy ? He takes cash?' and I give em daveys number! /emoticons/tongue.png

You have both ends of the customer spectrum on council estates...some that have bought their house from the council are fiercely house proud and like their properties to stand apart...they are some of my best customers...on the other end of the scale you have complete scumbags that will try to steal from the van given the chance and those that will try to scam a free clean...I only work on two estates, I wouldn't canvass on them but have grown from recommendations on them...if I was even slightly twitchy about a new customer it would be money up front.

Yeh I had them canvassed for me. Looks like I've lost a lot of money on them but never mind. I wont make that mistake again. Lime you say the ones that have bought tend to be really house proud I have a few like that on another estate but they all came from word of mouth.

I do 2 homes on a travellers site. No company will go there but I have not had any problems. It maybe mayhem outside but the inside of the 2 I do are spotless high end fittings etc....

saw a cracking dog in Colchester recently .a proper mans dog- View attachment 7433 it ALMOST made me want to get one. until i browsed Gumtree and saw theres dozens of these for sale on gumtree ,i then thought,"uh oh, dont do it!"

Just gone over the 200 house mark this week!! 6 more recommendations this week 204 in total /emoticons/smile.png started in October ALL council estate houses, the few frequent messers now pay in bank not worth 2-3 attempts at collecting for 1 clean so just send text reminders and they pay within a couple of days of clean rather than 2-3 weeks of knocking to say no cash etc, some houses can tell they've bought them and always pay on collection day. DEFFO had the odd scumbag not pay....taking full names and numbers from now on incase happens again can send a court letter.

Had an ar$e of a customer this week (second clean) say they not paying coz we upset the dogs and she told us not to clean if she wasn't in...complete lie! oh and she could get us done for unlocking gate, breaking an entry hmm anyone else had this? she says we owe her £35 for vet bill as her dog was distressed and she will call it quits for a £6 window clean....anyway this is our best street with 36 (now 35) houses on it so this will be left alone, told her she was a thief and she can have her free window clean, no window cleaners on the street so she can have mucky windows, walked away not feeling too bad actually chin up and all that

Just gone over the 200 house mark this week!! 6 more recommendations this week 204 in total /emoticons/smile.png started in October ALL council estate houses, the few frequent messers now pay in bank not worth 2-3 attempts at collecting for 1 clean so just send text reminders and they pay within a couple of days of clean rather than 2-3 weeks of knocking to say no cash etc, some houses can tell they've bought them and always pay on collection day. DEFFO had the odd scumbag not pay....taking full names and numbers from now on incase happens again can send a court letter.Had an ar$e of a customer this week (second clean) say they not paying coz we upset the dogs and she told us not to clean if she wasn't in...complete lie! oh and she could get us done for unlocking gate, breaking an entry hmm anyone else had this? she says we owe her £35 for vet bill as her dog was distressed and she will call it quits for a £6 window clean....anyway this is our best street with 36 (now 35) houses on it so this will be left alone, told her she was a thief and she can have her free window clean, no window cleaners on the street so she can have mucky windows, walked away not feeling too bad actually chin up and all that
Wait a few months until the dust settles and take a walk around 5am...superglue squeezed into the door lock...then you can call it quits.

Wait a few months until the dust settles and take a walk around 5am...superglue squeezed into the door lock...then you can call it quits.
PMSL would love too lol.... not this time though best left alone our best street afterall

Just gone over the 200 house mark this week!! 6 more recommendations this week 204 in total /emoticons/smile.png started in October ALL council estate houses, the few frequent messers now pay in bank not worth 2-3 attempts at collecting for 1 clean so just send text reminders and they pay within a couple of days of clean rather than 2-3 weeks of knocking to say no cash etc, some houses can tell they've bought them and always pay on collection day. DEFFO had the odd scumbag not pay....taking full names and numbers from now on incase happens again can send a court letter.Had an ar$e of a customer this week (second clean) say they not paying coz we upset the dogs and she told us not to clean if she wasn't in...complete lie! oh and she could get us done for unlocking gate, breaking an entry hmm anyone else had this? she says we owe her £35 for vet bill as her dog was distressed and she will call it quits for a £6 window clean....anyway this is our best street with 36 (now 35) houses on it so this will be left alone, told her she was a thief and she can have her free window clean, no window cleaners on the street so she can have mucky windows, walked away not feeling too bad actually chin up and all that
think it was Tolish gave me a good one-liner retort,iv used it a few times since , "your neybours said you were rubbish"

that's a good one, they'd be thinking then about who dunt like them, I just don't understand some of them I mean what do they actually get out of being total ar$e holes ? its a few quid at end of day if they don't want a window cleaner they should just say so after paying

Latest Posts

Back