Carrying paperwork [on the round]

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by boarcity, Sep 2, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. boarcity

boarcity Guest

at the moment my paperwork is just laying on the van dash, im wondering is theres a better way? clipboard? briefcase?

what are you using and why?

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

clipboard & diary is all I need to be organised :D

3. cheapncheerful

i am a living nightmare...always texting back home for some address i have forgot....and most of my work scrawled all over the place where ever i pick the phone up....one day....i will get it right...one day...:rolleyes:

got one at the moment....sat nav doesnt know where.....and even google maps has let me down...the lady in question said it easy to find its just across the field...er...i hope i will find it on thursday..
    of course ...house names are a real pain ...went down the road looking for one but i canna find it....and ....time is money...

4. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

gd point note book and pen me thinks

5. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

When I do quotes for big jobs I take a clipboard with an A4 quotation headed piece of paper and an A6 (they don't see the A6) to scribble the £'s on :). I add the £'s up and make sure I've not missed anything, which is easy to do when pricing several things that are all close to each other on the building. Then I write out the detailed quote on the headed paper and ask them if they would like to sit down :D. That breaks the ice and then I can go through the quote explaining what will be done and how it will be done.

I don't win em all, but hey ho :)

6. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

^^^ think I went off topic there :D

7. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I use my excel spreadsheet which I email to my galaxy note..update that while I'm working as phone is always in my pocket then email back to myself so I can save on pc and usb..no paper involved

8. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#8 boarcity, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2014
    i jus been looking into clipboards online,so many to choose from - i know what i dont want thats one of those soft touch foldover types, maybe i need a metal one that could double up as a work surface ,or weapon

what sort do you have? where does it sit/hang in the van ?

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I just use a cheapo a4 size cliboard that is used for quotes & job sheets.
    You could buy a fancy leather case one if you like but I'm a tight **** when it comes to spending money:D

10. TolishAPurd

Advertisement