Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Changes to submitting tax returns

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I think its basically the same the world over in developed countries, our leaders want every penny/cent tracked and recorded.

Probably sooner than we think we will be in cashless society where every transaction is analyzed/monitored by high tech software... 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah man it’s depressing. I don’t want my accounts digitalized. My latops 5 years old and on the blink, its only just about good enough for printing the odd receipt or letters for annual price rises, i don’t have a computer. i just have my mobile phone and i’m constantly on it as it is between emails, texting and phone calls. It’s like our entire lives are going to have to live through the screen of a smart device. 

Everything i’ve ever done has been on paper. What if the laptop crashes, phone gets lost, data gets wiped or otherwise?. Utterly ridiculous. It’s forcing peoples hands and i don’t like that. it’s no wonder so many british people emmigrate, governments a sham, no-ones worth voting for, they’ve always got some new nightmare on the horizon we have to contend with & they can’t keep anything the same. Suicide rates are sky high as well it’s not hard to see why, red tape & regulation everywhere & nothings simple anymore ?

accountants are the most at threat from digitilization, i really feel sorry for them they do an excellent job for us and to feel it may be a bygone trade in a decades time is awful. All those good people who are highly qualified, gone. It will be the same for other indistries i fear.
book keepers will be threatened, A good accountant is a good business adviser too, now that trade won't be going out any time soon.

Accountants do lots of other jobs, i.e Project Managers, Project Controls monitoring all aspects of  a business. They will always have a job the good ones.

My accountant sends my tax return digitally now. So in theory I'd have to give him my paperwork every 3 months and instead of every 12 months? Utter ballache!
Personally, I don't see any issue with this at least not for me my accountant is in the same town I work in so dropping off paperwork at the reception will take me 5 minutes and I keep all my accountants up to date all the time. 

Also, on the whole, I see no issue with going digital I did years ago by using Aworka and now Cleaner Planner every single transaction is recorded, it's the pen and paper lads and the cash in hand boys who are going to feel hard done by more so the cash in hand boys as I can see HMRC wanting more detailed accounts in the future. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back