Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cheap as possible van options!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Reckon it might be tight, I really want a 350l tank, pressure washer and all the gubbins in there.

really wish I could get away with a small van but don't think its possible.

Reckon it might be tight, I really want a 350l tank, pressure washer and all the gubbins in there.
really wish I could get away with a small van but don't think its possible.
yes it is, i have a berlingo, 400 ltr tank,ladders & fat me & my long son & it flies even with tank full its got a 750 payload though

Dunno mate - I got disoatch and I am untidy and disorganised but keep loads in back -tank reel 3 poles washer shovel loads of hose hypo UBIK .., reet chuffin mess

yes it is, i have a berlingo, 400 ltr tank,ladders & fat me & my long son & it flies even with tank full its got a 750 payload though
I lose 140kg in payload as soon as I get in lol

Dunno mate - I got disoatch and I am untidy and disorganised but keep loads in back -tank reel 3 poles washer shovel loads of hose hypo UBIK .., reet chuffin mess
Nice! awesome news if that can all get in as it opens the options massively, I really fancy a small van, just didn't think I could get everything in one.

That scares me as I am sure some vehicles come off the line on a Friday afternoon or something and are bad before they are even on a forecourt. Some vehicles just seem to be bad uns.

It's my berlingo not a partner ( same thing) have a look at for sale bit mate.

It's not a lemon there's a genuine reason why that cash was spent.

Honestly it's super reliable.

It's had

Clutch

Replaces windscreen from chipping

2 new complete lower arms with ball joints

Top end rebuild 590 miles ago

New cambelt

New water pump

New coolant pipework

New fuel filler neck,explained in sale section

Full steel and mesh bulkhead

Rear door van guard grills

Rear door security lock

New exhaust

New coolant bottle

New battery

Alot of this stuff was replaced because the head gasket had started to fail, so replaced the head gasket, polished and skimmed tge head at the same time.

Replaced cambelt and water pump as it was all off anyway. When the head etc was all put back on it had issues starting, ran fine once started.

So started process of elimination to cure the fault. Replaced all bits above to remove the possibilities of air locks, charging, vacume in the filler neck etc.

Nothing worked but had replaced everything, turns out the valve clearance was slightly off, adjusted the valves.... bingo fires up literally every time no issues what so ever.

Only faults are and indicator stalk which can be floppy and won't cancel itself.

And if your picky the gear selector could maybe be changed, as gearstick a but wiggly but it's nothing major.

It's a good motor and I can assure you that you'd be searching forever to find one as reliable.

My guess is it will be gone before I have the cash in my hand, I have a big job in 4 weeks time that will buy the van outright, just trying to pinpoint the van model before then. If its still available I'll take a look.

Mine started about 6 weeks ago with a little hiccup occasionally whilst on the motorway which fairly quickly turned into what feels like a misfire but you take your foot off and it goes away. Had a friend with a snapon code reader check it and it came up "number 3 injector circuit" so I googled it and found all the horror stories about injectors on these engines... have a look on youtube, m9r injector removal!!!By the time I got it booked in I couldn't get more than 20mph out of it and it had a really bad diesel knock, sounded like all the bottom end bearings had fallen out.

Took it to a garage that does only diesel work who found two completely failed injectors and then broke a very expensive German tool removing them in about 100 pieces!!!

Upside is before the work i was averaging 26mpg (19mpg the last two weeks) thats now gone upto 38mpg...soothes the pain a little.
Funny as you say that I find mine a little dead and the very odd time what would seem like a misfire. A couple of months ago it was cutting out while driving etc and no power then a total surge of power but all it ended up being was the turbo boost sensor wasn't sitting where it should.have been. My mate has lwb and to me his pulls better than mine altho he's nothing in his. One of his injectors went last month he got stung 450 I think

Ldv maxus is a good shout, you buy them ex post office so the body work is shabby, but usually get under 80k mileage on 10 year old can, post office service in house every 6 months and they have transit engines in them so are true work horses, eBay sell loads and even give you days for the auctions sometimes so if you are brave and no a little of something you could cut out middle man and get for less than a grand! Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I wouldn't go near a post office van, my postie hoax the ballix out of his, he bought my car and test drove it and was rather hard on it, I was like easy tiger lol

Well I have to recommend my van fiat scudo. Same as the dispatch/expert although you'll be lucky to get the newer shape for 2k the old shape pre 2007 are excellent vans. The 2.hdi engine is a cracker and the 1.9d although sluggish is bombproof. Mine had 300k on it and after 2 years use it needed nothing

Ldv vans are the worst vans ever made. Their wafer tho and good luck with spares as they don't make em anymore prices for parts are ridiculous. They really are awfull vans avoid

Back