Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Chemical Suits PPE

WCF

Help Support WCF:

DeLaCruz

Been in tie dye t-shits too long so after a really messy pebble dash clean recently have decided to start wearing proper chemical suits from now on. Today i purchased a £10 srewfix chemical suit, did a clean, it felt okay but when i took it off, i find my cloths were stained from the chemicals :( Likely due to the rain that was falling, but got me thinking about better quality re usable suits - anyone got any recommendations for ones that are washable and last longer than one clean ? Thanks

Been in tie dye t-shits too long so after a really messy pebble dash clean recently have decided to start wearing proper chemical suits from now on. Today i purchased a £10 srewfix chemical suit, did a clean, it felt okay but when i took it off, i find my cloths were stained from the chemicals :( Likely due to the rain that was falling, but got me thinking about better quality re usable suits - anyone got any recommendations for ones that are washable and last longer than one clean ? Thanks
sure, i guess you are using hypo, if you are then any polyester clothing is impervious to hypo meaning, it'll never get any stains, good waterproof bottoms are a must, i prefer the army gortex ones as they are more comfy and better designed for softwashing than any others on the market, whether the camoflague look sits well with you is another thing (i guess you may be a brother-no offence if you are or not by the way), how about hi-vis t-shirts? most are polyester but in the hot summers we are getting you'll be a bit pongy at the end of the day.
take this as a thought though, if its dying your clothes whats it doing to your skin and body?, anything gortex will keep the hypo away and just requires a quick hose down every now and again to keep them fresh, a lot more expensive than the £10 screwfix paper suits but worth it in the long run as they'll last for many years.
hope this helps.

Back