Chimeny Sweepers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by M.K Cleaners.co.uk, Jan 15, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

I got asked to do it today lol. I said Im not sure Ill get back to you

Looked at the kit on BandQ, I already have the rods, I use them for unblocking down pipes. I just need to pick up the brush attachment which is only 6 quid. Im tempted to do it. What sort of price would you charge for that?

Advertisement
  2. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

it can be tricky to do, a wrong move could fill the room with soot.

3. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

Had two different sweeps second who wore a white shirt and left with the white shirt still white far better than the one with the blue t shirt who I didn't see leave cause of the soot in the house needless to say he didn't get paid the second sweep said its all in the brush had wheels on it and was definetley not b&q £6 er got to view each job before taking on as not all chimneys are right especially the wood burner ones

4. beaver0_15

beaver0_15 Active Member

Get it done, my dad was trying to get me to do it as new career, everyone stopped doing it since ppl getting rid of coal fires now its coming back in with everyone getting log burners n not so many chimney sweeps about. I think price varies between different people massively. Guy I worked for had an old boy do a couple for 4 pound a chimney then iv heard of a couple charging over 50 squid

5. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

If cleaning it from on the roof you just board it up before cleaning. P.s Save your H&S speech I dont want to hear it

Ive yet to find a video on doing if from the inside

6. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

I dont get what you mean by right? I dont get what you mean by the right brush either, there all made from the same stuff lol. As for wheels I cant see why they would be needed?

7. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

Paid £50 for two chimneys last time get em done once a year usually September no later as need the chimneys in use in cold weather

8. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

4 pound? You would spend more getting and leaving the job.

9. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

I was thinking around that mark

10. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

May be the Victorian chimneys we have up here have sharp bends to stack and flags that over hang between bends if that makes sense on the open fires you get the loose feathers that can be knocked off by a stuck brush the wheels set under the brush assist the bristles when then become bunched on obstacles and apperantly on the retro fit pots that are under sized compared to Victorian planters are sometimes set on flags on stack which can cause the cheaper brush to get lodged with the rod at full bend on the sharp angles

Advertisement