Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Alloys on a WFP van

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Picked up the new ride today. I know I must be a gluten for punishment adding van number 3. Especially when everyone else is going from strength to strength and I’m the only window cleaner struggling ?

Anyways, serious question. Looking for a general consensus. Although the alloys look smart do we all agree I’m better changing them for black steels?

Attachments

• IMG_3265.jpeg
    IMG_3265.jpeg
    111.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3272.jpeg
    IMG_3272.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3266.jpeg
    IMG_3266.jpeg
    139.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3268.jpeg
    IMG_3268.jpeg
    135.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3264.jpeg
    IMG_3264.jpeg
    119.8 KB · Views: 22
Are they specifically made for the van or are they made for cars? If they are car alloys they are not safe to use on a van due to weight.

Picked up the new ride today. I know I must be a gluten for punishment adding van number 3. Especially when everyone else is going from strength to strength and I’m the only window cleaner struggling ?

Anyways, serious question. Looking for a general consensus. Although the alloys look smart do we all agree I’m better changing them for black steels?
Provided they are load rated they should be ok , but most aftermarket van wheels aren’t load rated , I personally feel for a work van steels are better , we have factory alloys on the Toyota , steels on the MAN and Vito .

You boy racer ?????

We have alloys on our 3.5t van and have done 70k miles on them. Everytime we hit a pothole, when fully loaded, I expect the wheel to smash, but, touch wood, up to now everything has been OK.
If you don't like the look of them then change them.
I think they look ace. They're 18" though. You feel every bump in the road. I've contacted a company in Birmingham who do reconditioned Ford Alloys. The 16" ones will look ace on this van to be fair. Also, they protrude beyond the tyre. Won't last long in this job!

Are they specifically made for the van or are they made for cars? If they are car alloys they are not safe to use on a van due to weight.

Provided they are load rated they should be ok , but most aftermarket van wheels aren’t load rated , I personally feel for a work van steels are better , we have factory alloys on the Toyota , steels on the MAN and Vito .
They are van alloys and load rated. I don't think these manufacturers expect a window cleaner to come along with such a heavy load to be fair.

I have black alloys on my van, as my steels were as rough as a badger I changed them over around 18 months ago.

We have 18" OZ Racing wheels in black on our ford custom msrt. We have No problem at all. Longs you got the higher load rated tyres your be ok mate. Just don't drive through pot holes and your be fine.

Latest Posts

Back