Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Traditional to WFP

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Bunkerboy

Good afternoon everyone,

im a newbie on here, but an old hand with a squeegee and a ladder.
So I’m looking for some valued advice on what I should do:

currently I have a huge traditional Window cleaning round which I have built up over 15 years of hard graft. I’m currently using traditional only cleaning method but as age takes it’s toll on the body I’m seriously thinking of buying a water fed pole system.
Ill need to replace the van soon anyway as it’s not low emissions compliant here in London. So I would like some advice of what van and systems I should be looking at and what sort of budget should I be aiming at realistically?

Any advice or help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Matthew 

Good afternoon everyone,

im a newbie on here, but an old hand with a squeegee and a ladder.
So I’m looking for some valued advice on what I should do:

currently I have a huge traditional Window cleaning round which I have built up over 15 years of hard graft. I’m currently using traditional only cleaning method but as age takes it’s toll on the body I’m seriously thinking of buying a water fed pole system.
Ill need to replace the van soon anyway as it’s not low emissions compliant here in London. So I would like some advice of what van and systems I should be looking at and what sort of budget should I be aiming at realistically?

Any advice or help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Matthew 
Good evening,

When venturing into WFP there are a few main factors that need to be considered.

Would you produce your own water or buy from a near or local spotless water filling site and that would save around £2000 in home based production equipment such as water storage, RO's and DI plus other associated equipment

Also van systems can also be purchased in a packaged deal with EV vans from Streamline, Varitech systems Newton Abbot Devon or Ionics which is worth a look into

A ready made package in my opinion would be better than shopping for a van then trying to find a system to suit and then an installer to fit

I’d swap  gradually over a few months, as you’ll have a lot of explaining to do for your customers.
Also they will be checking the windows out , so you’ll have to spend a bit of extra time on each house , until your confidence and theirs grows. 
I guarantee that once your up and running , you’ll wish you’d swapped years ago. 

Hope it goes ok??

a bit late to the party arent ya??

you need to live and breathe wfp over the next few months.....use the search function at the top,everything has been asked before....also check out other forums,youtube...lots of stuff for you to research to get your teeth into.....

first buy a tds meter and check your tap tds.....this is the first starting point....

I’m currently using traditional only cleaning method but as age takes it’s toll on the body I’m seriously thinking of buying a water fed pole system.
I personally have found WFP MUCH more stressful on my body than Trad ever did. I switched over to WFP after 4 years of Trad. No regrets tho I'd hate to go back to Trad.

BTW, I spent £12-13K to make the switch. New van and system. Granted I went for a Pure Freedom system over a DIY one which can save you a LOT of money doing that if you know what you're doing. Plenty of help on here from the lads should you need it ?

IMO wfp is nowhere near as hard on the body as climbing ladders 100 times a day...the trick is to get a fixed reel,100m microbore and xtreme poles,you can also clean lots more varied work which would be impossible off ladders on your own.....

i was trad only on the ladders for 17 years,ive been wfp for over 11 years now and i find it far easier day to day.....my round has changed a lot in 11 years...lots more larger domestic properties,a few offices as well as my run of the mill work and i work a lot less hours for more money!

Latest Posts

Back