Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

China poles?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

+1

My experience was very similar. Not worth it in my opinion either.

However, for £30 I'd be in but no idea where you get those prices from.

i got a reply about a pole i was asking for on alibaba and this is what i got-Hi Glen,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Our 23ft carbon poles could meet your requirement. It has 5 sections. The OD of each sections are 22mm,26mm,30.5mm,34.5mm and 39.5mm. The retracted length is 6ft. The weight is 1.4KG.

The factory price is 190USD. The door to door air delivery fee is 70USD. So the total cost is 260USD.

Do you want us to glue a top collar on the first section of the pole? Then you can connect the gooseneck or crank on it. The cost of the top collar is 6USD.

We have such pole in inventory. It could be delivered as soon as we receive your payment.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Merry Christmas!

dont think theyre worth the trouble personally with the price im looking to spend and what places like gardiners sell a complete pole and brush for not to mention the aftercare too!

What’s that about £155 -£160 with the shipping cost. How does that compare for price with High modulus Poles in the UK?

Why do you need after care for a pole?

I have never needed any after care with the poles I have brought from China, all have been OK. They eventually wear, but that’s normal. If you do buy a lemon send it back if you can, or get a replacement and don’t buy from them again, lesson learnt, you would have to be a bit of a mug to keep buying poles that fail.

Once you find a quality supplier, after care isn’t needed I sell wfp brushes and I have never sold one that needed after care service, always go for quality and you are less likely to have problems.

Richard

+1
My experience was very similar. Not worth it in my opinion either.

However, for £30 I'd be in but no idea where you get those prices from.

You have to put the time to find the supplier and then be able to get the best price, if you can’t be bothered or can’t do it, you little choice but to pay UK prices.

If it’s a few poles you are buying, its worth it, why not keep the thousands of pounds difference in price, compared to the UK prices, in you pocket, if you want to line the pockets of a supplier that’s your choice.

Personally I would buy 5 poles of the same size keep 2, then sell they rest. I would usually get my poles for nothing doing it this way.

Richard

hi Richard sounds like youve had a bit of experience of buying china poles,do you have any recommended sellers who sell decent poles?

cheers glen

' that about £155 -£160 with the shipping cost. How does that compare for price with High modulus Poles in the UK?'........

Richard, what is the point of comparing a High Modulas Pole with a Carbon Pole, the poles are not like for like.

Richard, you often seem to mention that these poles are so cheap and of good quality.....so why not share your knowledge of this supplier in China so that others may have the option to choose to buy or not.

I thought Forums are about sharing knowledge/tips/info, what's the point in saying 'You have to put the time to find the supplier and then be able to get the best price',....'if you can’t be bothered or can’t do it, you little choice but to pay UK prices'.

I have asked before on other Forums that, if these poles cost so little and are of such good quality, why don't these proud owners post pics/vids of their new Chinese purchases in-use.

' that about £155 -£160 with the shipping cost. How does that compare for price with High modulus Poles in the UK?'........

Richard, what is the point of comparing a High Modulas Pole with a Carbon Pole, the poles are not like for like.

Richard, you often seem to mention that these poles are so cheap and of good quality.....so why not share your knowledge of this supplier in China so that others may have the option to choose to buy or not.

I thought Forums are about sharing knowledge/tips/info, what's the point in saying 'You have to put the time to find the supplier and then be able to get the best price',....'if you can’t be bothered or can’t do it, you little choice but to pay UK prices'.

I have asked before on other Forums that, if these poles cost so little and are of such good quality, why don't these proud owners post pics/vids of their new Chinese purchases in-use.
Richard is a supplier in water fed poles and brushes...he is not gonna give his secrets away lol!

Richard as a supplier of water fed poles and brushes do you have a website or some sort of price list of what you sell and how much

What secrets Gmiester.

Sorry Gmiester.....but I beg to differ.

I have never seen Richard's web site with prices for poles...and there aren't any poles for sale as of today.

From that I presume Richard is NOT an importer of poles from China to re-sell in the UK.

So, why not give the info he has knowledge of to forum members, too where they can buy cheap good quality Chinese poles,............... If it's such a secret.....why mention anything about them in the first place.

Also I was under the impression that Richard manufactures his own brushes (tecbuk), not imports them.

And.............Andy, here is Richards site......

http://www.tecbuk.com/categories/complete-packages

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, come on Richard, give us your contact /emoticons/smile.png

And I get the impression that Glen's price was just for a regular carbon pole, not high modulus. If it was for high modulus then as you say, not a bad price.

Maybe Glen can clarify?

hi guys the guy called richard i emailed was on alibaba and he just says in the email carbon but doesnt say full carbon?

not sure if this is the same richard as on here or not?

Definitely a different Richard mate and unless he has specified that it is high modulus it won't be!

I bet the Richard you got a quote from was Richard Law. I got a similar quote from him myself which is why I came to the conclusion it wasn't worth buying from China.

The poles from China (Richard Law) 18' to 45' will be telescopic carbon fiber.

The poles mentioned being of 'High Modulas Carbon fiber' from China(Richard Law) will be a modular pole ie not telescopic.

These 'High Modulas' poles will be more expensive than the quote you received for the standard 'Carbon Fiber' poles.

I was considering buying the Chinese poles from Richard Law, but in the end I bought a SLX22' and a SLX35' from Gardiners.

The advice I received from Alex Gardiner on which products to buy and further help from Sam when I went to collect was fantastic.

The advice, customer service, quality products and next-day delivery are worth more to me than buying from China.

I have had a price of a pole that looks identical to the gardiners , 100% carbon fibre 50ft £400 all in shipping the lot, I'm just getting Christmas out the way and I'm on that!
hi neil..did you ever chase up the Chinese pole market..cheers paul

Latest Posts

Back