Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Choices.. big spend or not?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I was all set to buy the atom until i realised its only 1600 watts, compared to the 3000 watts options such as max blast or kiam for pretty much the same price.....

i have no idea what im talking about by the way as i have no experience whatsoever using a gutter vac, but know il have to get one eventually because cba going up and down ladders!!

seriously though... are carbon fibre poles that much better than alloy considering the huge price difference? From the info ive seen here most houses take less than an hour to vac.

I was all set to buy the atom until i realised its only 1600 watts, compared to the 3000 watts options such as max blast or kiam for pretty much the same price.....

i have no idea what im talking about by the way as i have no experience whatsoever using a gutter vac, but know il have to get one eventually because cba going up and down ladders!!

seriously though... are carbon fibre poles that much better than alloy considering the huge price difference? From the info ive seen here most houses take less than an hour to vac.
If you're only going to be doing the odd house here and there then stick with the alloy poles. I do some jobs where I'm there a full day and carbon poles are a must. The most important part of a gutter vac, and I'll include wattage, is side entry. Nothing worse than getting started and having to lower the pole because there's a blockage.

I will put a side note on this, an alloy pole over a conservatory isn't easy and you will need to be fairly strong to move big clumps from the gutters.

It's very similar to WFP's, if you're starting up with not lots of jobs any old pole will do. If you're dong 100+ houses a week you need a good lightweight pole to make life easier.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're only going to be doing the odd house here and there then stick with the alloy poles. I do some jobs where I'm there a full day and carbon poles are a must. The most important part of a gutter vac, and I'll include wattage, is side entry. Nothing worse than getting started and having to lower the pole because there's a blockage.

I will put a side note on this, an alloy pole over a conservatory isn't easy and you will need to be fairly strong to move big clumps from the gutters.

It's very similar to WFP's, if you're starting up with not lots of jobs any old pole will do. If you're dong 100+ houses a week you need a good lightweight pole to make life easier.

This is top advice , carbon poles are a must if regularly doing high vac work and working at shallow angles over conservatory roofs etc , I still have 40 feet of the ally poles I got  from omnivac sat in my garage not been used in 10 years , if anyone wants them they are welcome to them foc but they would have to collect them , I could never consider using them again far to heavy , very cold to hold almost like holding an ice cube at this time of the year ??? but for someone starting out they are ok especialy if you have the body of  a power lifter ??.

As for the vac side entry is vital , I have had a centre inlet on my first vac and it was constantly blocking , with my other two vacs both with side entry I have never had a blockage in the vac only in the end of the bit that goes into the gutter , and we like parttimer do a lot of gutter clearance , we have one job that’s over 300 meters of gutter that we vac every 12 weeks , and get half a small skip full every time as the roof is covered in moss and the client won’t clean the roof but pays us handsomely to empty it ??

Back