Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

pxlkid

I’ve been weighing up options for a gutter vac purchase and narrowed it down to one of 3 choices. I can’t afford more than £1500. As I see it the options are -

1) Skyvac Mighty Atom. Dearest of the 3, with the lowest power motor at 1600w and smallest drum size 35L.
2) GVS Panther. Slightly more power power and bigger drum at 1700w and 37L. Cheapest option of the three.
3) Guttersucker Bandit. Way more powerful motor with a combined total of 2800w! Nice big 45L drum, the noisiest of the 3 at 74 Db. Priced in between the other two.

I’m looking to get something with 30ft clamped carbon fibre poles. As far as I can tell the bandit is the best value by far, but anything I’ve missed or overlooked?

A couple of things to look out for:
Pole diameter - bigger = allows bigger stuff to be sucked down.
Bigger inlet diameter, again less likely to get blocked.

I would highly recommend any product from Gutter Vacuum Systems - fantastic equipment at a fraction of the price compared to their competitors.

I just purchased the GVS Predator which I believe came to £1600 there or there abouts for 30ft carbon poles, which isn't bad at all for their top end vac.

Their customer service is second to none and they'll bend over backwards for you.

A big thing to consider is after sales customer service , spinner clean are one of the best firms out there ( sky vac) I have had nothing but 100% after sales service from them a brilliant firm to deal with . GVS also have a very good reputation but at this time the situation is uncertain as to what’s happening with their machine supplier long term so could lead to problems in the future @GVS Julia Martin is there any update as to what’s happening?..

I would highly recommend any product from Gutter Vacuum Systems - fantastic equipment at a fraction of the price compared to their competitors.

I just purchased the GVS Predator which I believe came to £1600 there or there abouts for 30ft carbon poles, which isn't bad at all for their top end vac.

Their customer service is second to none and they'll bend over backwards for you.
Is there any news as to what’s happening with there suppliers though ? I have also found them good but this situation is concerning about long term support for spares you could end up with a machine and not be able to get spares then all of a sudden it’s not as good a value as you first though , we were about to order one from them but due to this have decided not to as there is so much uncertain , shame really as they look a very good machine

Is there any news as to what’s happening with there suppliers though ? I have also found them good but this situation is concerning about long term support for spares you could end up with a machine and not be able to get spares then all of a sudden it’s not as good a value as you first though , we were about to order one from them but due to this have decided not to as there is so much uncertain , shame really as they look a very good machine
Pure speculation here but I think things may potentially have been resolved? Kiam originally advertised their new vac as the 'Predator' which obviously currently belongs to GVS, however there's nothing on the Kiam website named the Predator - their 3600w motor is called the cyclone now which means they've not brought out their own Predator (or perhaps not yet?) Or they have and have been forced to change the name for whatever reason

Give Lee at Bladeright a call he sells a max blast hover watch is fantastic you can go down airospace alli rute or carbon pole rute I use alli up to 36feet no problem at all upgrading to carbon this year tho

reccomendations on a gutter vac is very very hit and miss if i'm honest, take one person and get him to test ten vacs on a really bad gutter about 200m long, and at the end of it he'll be no wiser really just the vacs that are really bad and the ones that did ok.
you need to think about the type of homes you want to work on or is it all commercial work?,
this is quite important as will the vac fit in your van? it really needs an outlet to let the water out of the tank otherwise you are lifting a hell of a dead weight of a machine when packing away, trust me there are times when apart from debris there is a lot of water too and that weighs some.
i have gone through quite a few vacs mostly budget small ones that just don't cut it or need constant unblocking or emptying, in the end i bought an hyundai 100l wet and dry vac from amazon and spoke to julia at gvs, to buy poles and hose, julia didn't mind that i'd bought a vac seperatly and actually thought it was ok but not as powerfull as the ones she sells, julia provided me with 10m of hose plus the side entry attachment and carbon poles with fittings in the four years that i have worked this machine its never let me down and has coped with loads of messy weed infested gutters.
the vac i think is now around £330 on amazon whilst not as powerfull as the gvs equivlient its not that far behind so for your budget of circa £1500 you could make a saving here and invest the rest of the money into the poles (which are brilliant by the way).
i hope this helps a bit as i didn't want to do a war and peace reply just a short one really just to say what has and what is working for me.
regards
kevin

Best vac is the Sky Vacs, there was a guy in You Tube who did a video on his industrial after five years off ownership. He said he had to change a motor but other than that it just kept on going and going. Spinaclean have always been great for me with their after sales service. Best thing about them.is they sell products built just specifically for gutter cleaning not just a standard wet dry vax... Best things about the industrial is the basket, drainage pipe, tipping trolley, being able to disconnect drum for getting down narrow places and the added suction boost for tough to get vegetation.

Sorry I have just seen this. As mentioned on our social media posts at the end of last year, regardless of what a different company had posted we have absolutely no issue with our machines nor the spares. We are very well stocked and have posted that there is no cause for concern with our customers ?

Back