Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Citreon dispatch floor

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Eddiecommon

Hi all, I’ve got a 2017 Citreon dispatch and am about to have a facelift system installed in a couple of weeks

I need to remove the ply floor up and was going to use waterproofing paint for
the floor prior to fitting (paint myself due to funds and time) Does anyone know if the floor on dispatches need waterproofing as I know some newer vans have galvanised floors (sorry I know nothing about vans )

I only ask as I’m running out of time to get it done in time

Thanks in advance

Yes you want it waterproofing. And up the sides too near the bulkhead or any area water can collect.

Iv do out two vans. First one I used roofing paint. Wasn't a brill experience but worked ok.

Second type I used a fiberglass roof liner. Worked amazing well. No problems what so every.

There are also rubble stuff you can apply.

Will probably be galvanised the older ones were ans my citroen relay is....but regardless theres no actual need to waterproof a floor as paint is waterproof. The problems only arise when the paint has worn off and isnt protecting the metal anymore.

If you havent got time right now then i would just keep the ply down for now and next year when the weathers better take a couple of days off to take the system out and get it all painted up nicely. Ive got phenolic plywood in the back of mine its been down about 15 months. Next year i will take it out touch up the floor with some spray paint and put some fresh ply down. I lifted it up a few months ago to take a peak and the paint had only worn in a few high spots where it rubs agaisnt the ply.

Hi all, I’ve got a 2017 Citreon dispatch and am about to have a facelift system installed in a couple of weeks

I need to remove the ply floor up and was going to use waterproofing paint for
the floor prior to fitting (paint myself due to funds and time) Does anyone know if the floor on dispatches need waterproofing as I know some newer vans have galvanised floors (sorry I know nothing about vans )

I only ask as I’m running out of time to get it done in time

Thanks in advance
If you want to do it yourself and only do window cleaning you've got two options get a rubber cargo liner and save yourself the aggro and the headache of painting the van floor, otherwise ProtectaKote Bedliner & Van Lining Kit | New Venture Products Ltd protectakote will take some drying this time of the year and curing as well I did my old van in the spring one year and it was really warm but i still needed to hang a blow heater from the inside of the van roof overnight Protectakote stinks until it's cured, I painted mine with a first coat on a Friday afternoon that was after prepping the floor and sealing around the edges and holes in the bottom of my bulkhead and second coat first thing on a Saturday morning and it was dry enough on the Saturday late on, but still stank for 3 days after until it was fully cured.

Back