Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Replacement pump?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Green Pro Clean Ltd

My pump has started to make strange noises and as I am not a mechanically minded person I have no desire to try to repair it I will simply replace it.

It is the pump that I originally got with the system which I bought used over a year ago (Brodex)

Time to swap it out, looking at the Shurflo range and thinking that should simply fit the biggest they have, at present I have found the 150 psi

Shurflo Pump, 150 PSI, 12V, 8030- 813- 239

Thoughts, suggestions?

All I can do is speak of my experience of the shurflo 5L 100psi. Bullet proof. Had the same one running for nearly 9 years without ever taking it apart. I also have one in my trolley system, and once again, never given me any grief.

I've got spare diaphragm kits for both, never been out the packet.

The 5L ones can run to workers, no problems

The ones I fit are the 8000 946 138, 100 psi. If it is a 250 system then the pumps go nearly every year due to the position of the pump. The 150 psi is used when having a two man set up.

its down to the old pressure versus flow debate,personally i would go for the higher gpm rather than pressure as it puts a lot less strain on the battery at 100psi and a high flow rate the pump should just tickover-green how about £20 inc postage for your old pump? i may have a use for this,

The Shurflo 100psi pump that Tuffers has put the link up for is the best pump around IMO. Very hard wearing. Runs quiet. Should last years, and has plenty of flow for a single operator, unless you like pressure washing windows /emoticons/smile.png...and like tlwcs says, fit a strainer if you haven't already.

Not sure why you would need a higher pressure pump tbh.

The 150 psi pump draws 9.1 amps at 80psi (4.5 lpm) and at 150psi 12 amps (3.1 lpm).

The 100 psi pump draws 5.6 amps at 80 psi (2.5 lpm) and at 100psi 6.2 amps 2.1 lpm).

Whilst the 150 delivers more water at the same pressures is also uses more battery power. You will also have the issue of 3/8 NPT female fittings on the 150 psi pump as against 1/2" males on the usual pump we use. If you are replacing your pump (I'm sure you have a Brodex tank from what I remember) then this is a problem unless you fit the pump elsewhere.

If you are going to use standard 1/2" hose and any Hozelock plastic pipe fittings then the pressure of 150 psi will cause them to pop off.

I very much doubt the window cleaning controllers (Spring and Varistream) will work with the higher psi pump. Spring fit a 7.5amp fuse in theirs and Varistream a 10 amp which gives a good indication that they won't.

-

With a Brodex system it has to be a female port pump due to their fittings. You can fit it with male ports but you would not be able to use the fittings. The Shurflo pump works all you have to to is unscrew the holding plate on the pump and screw on the holding plate from the Brodex pump.

Be sure to fit a strainer b4 it.
I'm pretty sure @Green Pro Clean Ltd has a Brodex tank. Brodex never fitted pump strainers from what I can gather. I can maybe understand their thinking if the r/o and prefilters are on-board the van. However, if water is being produced and transferred into the tank from a storage tank, then there is always a chance of bits getting into the tank no matter how careful you are.

I'm careful with my transfer hose but I'm amazed at how many bits get into the tank, especial in wet weather. Even although they get 'hoovered' out from time to time, the pump strainers do need cleaning every few months. I have a Wyedale clear tank. The back of the van is quite dark and I have a duvet over the tank all year round. Even with that we get a bit of algae (green slim) in the filter.

-

Latest Posts

Back