Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaned the wrong house

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yogi1872

A few weeks ago I got a text from one of my customers to clean out gutters and clean outside plus soffits. Told her I'd fit it in after my windows a night the following week, she said she might not be in and just put the price on a card and shel pay it.

Got a text today from the same woman asking when I'm going to clean them, thought is this a **** take and she's not happy with it, I text back saying I cleaned them the other week, she replied saying, I seen you at my neighbours the other week and gathered you must be coming to me next.

I've done the wrong house, I went back tonight to apologise and offer her the money back but she wasn't in, I'm due to clean the windows there tomorrow, I'm mortified that she thinks I've just turned up randomly and done work and fired a card through the door for payment. Has anyone done similar to this ?. Thing is she transfered me over £170 that night when she's got home and she's not even phoned me about it.

I once cleaned the windows on the wrong house on a new build estate as they didn't have house numbers! As I was finishing the rear the owner came home and asked what the heck I was doing!!! I offered to finish the clean free of charge, and he said great, how much would it be normally, a few year later he is still a customer. He even paid for the accidental clean! 🤣

I know a guy near me who would deliberately clean the windows on the wrong house to try and get new customers. Surprisingly it worked most of the time

I had to do a new house and done the neighbour instead, chapped the door and was paid, next time some wife comes out saying she'd never asked to be done, I said you text me a month ago and we done them and it was paid, she said I know your game, a said, aye that's what am going to do, just clean random people's windows all day in the hope that they pay me, and told her to go back in her house, the numbers went up 1 at a time, the house didn't have a number on it and I just went from the one to the left and assumed it would go up in 2.

When I worked for a company one of the squads done a house by mistake and the guy was on the phone to the boss going tonto about tress passing on his property etc threatening all sorts. Mustn't have been the full shilling.

Years ago I had a job as a labourer for roofers. The first job we went to was two semidetached houses in the middle of nowhere. One of the houses paid to get a new roof on their half. Before any work was done a skip was delivered to take the old tiles off. The skip lorry driver put the skip outside the wrong one. The next day some lads turned up and ripped the tiles off of the wrong house. A few days later we were there to give the guy a new roof for free 😂

in my first years i several times was booked ,cleaned ,left a slip only to find out theyd never booked at all.Was this a rival cleaner getting his agreeable charming wife to call and book?who knows . One time i even called round to get my money met by an irate homeowner who [most probably years before] had been in a fire very disfigured and angry as hell ever so slightly reminded me of the swarzennegr film predator

Back