Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning of a degraded tarmac drive

WCF

Help Support WCF:

chrish

Had a garage phone me regarding feul spill on a customers tarmac drive, it’s a loose surface , but has the glint of deisel showing , I can’t rotary clean , can I use hose and some form of detergent cleaner then hose down , I need to no a good product that brakes down the fuel stains , advice would be much appreciated

Had a garage phone me regarding feul spill on a customers tarmac drive, it’s a loose surface , but has the glint of deisel showing , I can’t rotary clean , can I use hose and some form of detergent cleaner then hose down , I need to no a good product that brakes down the fuel stains , advice would be much appreciated
My experience with tarmac and pressure washing is it’s a pita just to remove dirt , if a fuel spill has gone on it especially diesel it de solves the tarmac then pw it can break it up , a strong de greaser scrubbed in with a brush and rinsed with a hose maybe a better option but I wouldn’t want to give the owner any guarantees of the finished results.

My experience with tarmac and pressure washing is it’s a pita just to remove dirt , if a fuel spill has gone on it especially diesel it de solves the tarmac then pw it can break it up , a strong de greaser scrubbed in with a brush and rinsed with a hose maybe a better option but I wouldn’t want to give the owner any guarantees of the finished results.
thats just what i was thinking, do you think a good truck wash might be good,

thats just what i was thinking, do you think a good truck wash might be good,
I would try something like Virosol , ubik or no nonsense de greaser from screw fix or similar try a strongish mix gently scrub it in leave it to dwell for a bit to try and break it down then a good rinse , but remember that tarmac is made of oily substances so it could potentially de solve that as well , it’s a difficult one .

Latest Posts

Back