Cleaning polycarbonate

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by SolarPanelCleaning, Sep 30, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Or at least that what I think it is. It's a conservatory roof.
    Anything I need to consider before giving a quote?
    Was just going wfp it.
    Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

#2 Smurf, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
    There are a few things to consider

1. access - all sides?
    2. style - shape and style of the conservatory roof?
    3. pitch - angle/pitch of the roof?
    4. finials & crests - yes/no?
    5. size?
    6. condition?
    7. outside tap - yes/no?
    edit by Tuffers 8. does the roof leak - yes/no :D

Some are a right pain to clean depending on the above so you need to price accordingly.

3. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I would also add, has it got lead flashing between it and the brick work of the house? We had a bit of a leak on one today :eek: :laugh:

4. Access is good, there is lead coming from the wall over the top of the plastic a few inches.
    Just price it the same as glass then?

Attached Files:

5. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

That looks clean apart from couple of bits of moss. Polycarb is a lot easier to clean than glass. I'd say you could charge £50/£60 for that as long as it's as clean as it looks. Not much run on it to drain off though, but it won't matter being polycarb.

Others will say more, but I think that's a fair price as long as you don't have to travel too much. Looks like it's in the highlands?

6. Mid wales butty, not sure I could charge that much though? Step ladder and wfp, be done in 15 mins.......I thought a tenner for the roof.

Maybe I need to rethink pricing........

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

It would take more than 15 minutes to do that properly. I agree with step ladder and WFP though. A tenner is not enough for that mate. You have the tools to do the job, they possibly don't, so that's how you make your money :thumbsup:

8. I work quick, like a greased whippet on speed! Can't help it. Maybe it'll take me a little longer, but not much.
    Cleaning rest of house too.

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Doing that roof for just £10....Busy fool springs to mind SPC as it will be harder than you think.

Just my opinion you understand :rolleyes:

10. Yeh you're both probably right. Hard worker, **** businessman! I'll treble it and see what happens.......

Advertisement