Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning Silicone Render

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Iron Giant

Staff member
Morning Chaps
A customer of mine has just had part of their house rendered with a two-coat silicone render supplied by EWI PRO Render Solutions and they have rendered over the old painted stone window sills as they had external insulation fitted, now they have a cat who likes to sit on two of the sills after walking about in the garden and make the white render filthy is there a way to easily clean this with a household product.

I am asking for the customer so they can maintain it themselves not for myself to clean it I found this online How to clean EWI Pro renders - EWI Pro Insulation Systems it says pw it and use a suitable detergent but doesn't say what a suitable detergent is.

Morning Chaps
A customer of mine has just had part of their house rendered with a two-coat silicone render supplied by EWI PRO Render Solutions and they have rendered over the old painted stone window sills as they had external insulation fitted, now they have a cat who likes to sit on two of the sills after walking about in the garden and make the white render filthy is there a way to easily clean this with a household product.

I am asking for the customer so they can maintain it themselves not for myself to clean it I found this online How to clean EWI Pro renders - EWI Pro Insulation Systems it says pw it and use a suitable detergent but doesn't say what a suitable detergent is.
At a guess a biological washing powder mixed into a bucket and applied left fir a bit then light scrub and rinse should remove it or washing up liquid mix again let it soak in light scrub and rinse , should save getting the pw out all the time

At a guess a biological washing powder mixed into a bucket and applied left fir a bit then light scrub and rinse should remove it or washing up liquid mix again let it soak in light scrub and rinse , should save getting the pw out all the time
Thanks for this Paul, I'll pass it on to my customer they are doing their own research as well but I said I would ask t see if I could help.

Yeah spot on and mixed with some warm/hot water should help. Otherwise some neat Fairy will do the trick but avoid on hot surfaces in direct sunlight and don't let it dry out. I've said this before but Fairy is a quality soap / degreaser and best washing up liquid on the market in UK....imo for what it's worth

Latest Posts

Back