Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New 300 Gpd Ro System Problems

WCF

Help Support WCF:

The likelihood is your water pressure is too low mate, membranes (most) need a decent water pressure to run at a decent capacity...

Id recommend getting a pressure gauge if you dont already have one and fit it just before the inlet to your r.o.

If your pressure is less than 50 which it normally is, you'll need a booster pump. It'll bring down your tds and speed up production no end

Another problem may be, if these 3 membranes are run inline ie waste goes from one to the other to the other with only one waste outlet, the tds will increase into each following membrane so what starts at 510ppm will be more into the second and even more into the 3rd.

you then will probably have 3 RO outlets meeting at one point, the first may be reading 10ppm

the second is using waste water from the first so the tds will be higher going into it and may be reading 20ppm

the third will be using waste water from the second membrane with an even higher tds and may be reading 30ppm

the final tds you get will be an average of the 3 outlets so in this case 60/3 = 20ppm.

A good way to test your rejection rates on each membrane would be to hook them up individually, other wise you are just guessing what the problem is.

So if you can, the way to get the purist water from a 3 membrane system is to have them parallel ie run them individually.

Run water through the pre filters then split into 3 and have those entering the membrane, then have 3 RO outs and 3 waste outs

Me personally, I would sell the 3 x 100gpd membranes and buy a single 300gpd membrane

What 560 ppm /emoticons/ohmy.png May I ask where do you live to have tds reading that high

just checked the water from the tap and the TDS reading is = 560 ppm

Think maybe you are in the wrong game as you should consider selling water softeners instead

Alarm bells start ringing 560 ppm unsafe water, but more like dodgy TDS meter unless you are on well water not mains.

Your R/O I would have not set it up that way

I've just spoken with a chap from Worcester and his mains tap water tds reading is around 280 ppm. :rolleyes:

Back