Commercial Cladding clean

Discussion in 'Gutter & Fascia Cleaning' started by sambo, Jun 3, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. sambo

sambo Member

Does anyone have any experience of medium sized industrial unit cladding cleans? its simple white upvc plank effect but there's tons of it - around 150sq metres which is mediumly minging with algae. I know virosol and wfp will get it off but have no idea how long a job like that would take? whenever I've cleaned fascias and gutters its taken a fair while to get them to a good standard and often need to go on a ladder to detail bits and bobs so not sure how long something like this would take. - Any experience on the forum?

Advertisement
  2. Jake

Jake Grand Master

How high is it,

I just did one at the Porsche Center where I live, and it came up well wit a pressure washer! If it's low enough, use a ladder and pressure wash it...

If it's not that bad then wfp will
    Be fine mate, I never bother with chemicals unless it's really really bad, just use a high flow rate and scrub away from top to bottom, we also use a normal hose while scrubbing as that way you get tonnes more water flow around the brush which will speed you up no end, one of us holds the hose and squirts it just above the brush, works a treat!

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Pressure washing from a ladder don't sound very safe to me even at low pressure.

Out of interest what type of washer where you using Jake ?

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

This is how the yanks do it.

• List
  5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

• List
  6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Works on painted wood too.

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

8. Jake

Jake Grand Master

My usual one smurf, the 3650psi 15lpm Loncin, were not worried about health and saftey here old smurf,

Remember the massive building I did a while back? Haven power? We used it on that as well, did a great job, all you need to do is brace yourself and lean into the ladder when you pull the trigger for the first time... Then it's plain sailing...

Obviously if it was really high then I'd say no, but up to 15 off foot, it's all good

Appreciate it may seem unsafe, but we knew exactly what we were doing, it's fine

• List
  9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

You would not catch me up a ladder using a pressure washer lance to try cleaning plastic cladding

10. bill

bill Active Member

Smurf wots the equipment and chems they use

Advertisement