Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Softwashing a shop Front today

WCF

Help Support WCF:

scottish cleaning service

Had a nice easy shop, well office front to do today. Thought it would take me an hour but it took 2 hours. Went early when the place was closed and sprayed the whole area with hypo first. The shutters were down and the guy wanted all the grease at the ends removed. Only thing that would remove it was a petrol rag, turns out a bit of a nightmare, 5 rags later. Some neds had sprayed the shutters with spray paint which must have went through the holes and onto the glass. So I was 20mins scrapping the glass with my 6" scraper. I charged a ton and he said the other guy charged £15 but I think he was there 5 minutes. Its looking good now and he is looking at getting the whole front painted white over a dark paint so will need two coats. Next door wants their place cleaned and its twice the size. Just wanted to let people know that these shop fronts can be very misleading well it was for me. ?

Don't you just hate those jobs. We had a 'nice and easy' job on Tuesday booked in. Half render half brick, should've taken 2 hours max ended up taking 4 as the guy wouldn't/didn't move anything that was in the way for us to work. I based the price on him moving all the **** out of the way and he didn't like the extra charge on top of the quote afterwards. I'm sure he will come back and complain about something to try and get some money back.

Its getting to the stage one must take a note of what we are getting paid to do because the mysteriously add things on when in the middle of doing the job. The 4 words that I have came to hate are, "While you are here"

hahaha, so true! it's the 'just can you' jobs that I hate. I've learnt a valuable lesson from these three words and from now on I flat out refuse unless it's an added extra. I don't mind a little splash here or there, but some people try and take the **** they think hypo is water and costs nothing.

hahaha, so true! it's the 'just can you' jobs that I hate. I've learnt a valuable lesson from these three words and from now on I flat out refuse unless it's an added extra. I don't mind a little splash here or there, but some people try and take the **** they think hypo is water and costs nothing.
The problem customers can't seem to understand is how long we take to clean windows with the wfp now. They say you are only here 10mins and taking a tenner for it. I then, take them to my van and show them my system and explain the cost of it and how much it costs to run it each year. Folk may think £100 for 2hrs work is good but when you through in travel time and the hypo I used aswell as 6 cloths and plenty of pure then its not that good. The only thing was I had cleans to do not far away so it bumped me up to over £200 so I had a good day. Meant to fit a letterbox but the customer wasn't in so I will do it next month.

I normally say to rub the brush over that will be xxx usually they say don’t bother ?????

I try and be strong and say 'no problem, would you like me to quote for that?' ? Unfortunately I'm too soft.
I work on the principle if you take your car into the garage and ask for a specific job to be done they will say that’s xx if you ask for additional work to be done they will charge you more why should it be different for us , don’t get me wrong ime not going to charge extra for a small job but ones expect you to do a conservatory roof or gutters for free they can get lost .??

I work on the principle if you take your car into the garage and ask for a specific job to be done they will say that’s xx if you ask for additional work to be done they will charge you more why should it be different for us , don’t get me wrong ime not going to charge extra for a small job but ones expect you to do a conservatory roof or gutters for free they can get lost .??
Totally agree and it's when they want things that they coulld and should have pointed out when you quoted the job and taken into consideration. So you know full well they didn't deliberately with the intention of getting it done for free and trying it on

Latest Posts

Back