commercial gutters

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by boarcity, Jul 20, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#1 boarcity, Jul 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2015
    heres a question for any of you that has done Several clean outs on this kind of gutter

do the gutters always slope down to the downpipe like house gutters? i ask because last week had to do a gutter clean out and it was a helluva job , mostly because it didnt slope comgut.jpg down towards the downpipe,if anything it sloped away,meaning the gutter was full of a gloopey mess some places the water lay 6 inches deep . we cleaned the gutters as best we could but the customer isnt happy cos the gutter isnt totally cleaned out

i hadnt realized that the fall of the gutter was wrong [in my opinion] before starting the job

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. Jake

Jake Grand Master

I think that's quite common boar...

How did the customer know it wasn't totally clean? Is it low down?

3. boarcity

boarcity Guest

they sent someone up ,a few days later to check

i then got a nasty phone call from them, and a photo of a gutter with water in - i explained what i think the problem is but they didnt bleve me and are possibly going to try to wriggle out of paying.
    but i hold a few trump cards

4. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Yeah just explain that it's defo a problem with the angle of the gutter, otherwise there'd be no water in it....

5. boarcity

boarcity Guest

in hindsight i should have known summat was up. on arrival the plants were growing out the top of the gutter like triffids , 3ft high! yet the building is only 1 yr old. What makes it a bad situation is that it belongs to a building firm,its there new HQ - landexrr.jpg id think they themselves put it up

6. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Nice looking building!

7. boarcity

boarcity Guest

how much would u clean once a month outside windows + that orange structure?

i ask cos i didnt get it over a yr ago after doing the builders clean on the place in and out . then they get in touch with the gutters-should have learnt my lesson a year ago!

8. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Probably about £160-180 from what I can see...

9. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Be a good job of you could get it boar!

10. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i quoted 90 and was too high !

Advertisement