Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Coxreel 1125. Anyone Got One?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

We would welcome a review of this reel please.

The Reelmaster comes with an electronic speed and dead end controller but Grippa don't mention any such system on theirs. They just note a "push button control".

How do you guys with fixed reels deal with dirty hose in this wet winter weather, especially using under body rollers?
We use a sill cloth just hold the hose while Pressing the button and because I’m tubless it cleans the pole hose as well.

Local windie to me as two older power up reels one with the remote works great but I personally don’t like the idea of not reeling in without cleaning the hose with a cloth. 

the problem with the HD reels are they are very narrow and its easy for the hose to come off the side of the reel(according to 2 windys i know who ve got them)...this cant happen with the pure freedom reelmaster as it has a bar across to stop this happening.....it also has snag protection and soft start as well as a battery reading/speed control.....

the problem with the HD reels are they are very narrow and its easy for the hose to come off the side of the reel(according to 2 windys i know who ve got them)...this cant happen with the pure freedom reelmaster as it has a bar across to stop this happening.....it also has snag protection and soft start as well as a battery reading/speed control.....

I like the idea of that soft start and dead end feature Daz. Hence the reason for asking @Moor for his opinions.

The thing with these reels is that if your start to include the costs of all the additional 'necessary' optional items they do become very expensive.

Yes the hose as bounced off a few times when not paying attention, really like the slimness of the proloc/HD reels good if working out of a small van especially if you have two reels out the same van.

love the speed of the HD reels super quick, just like a manual reel it can snag or if someone steps on it it just stops absolutely no problem whatsoever they won’t pull someone over lol like I say just just stops the same as a manual reel.

There is a couple of windies near me that use the reelmaster purefreedom nice bit of kit, at the end of the day whether shop bought or diy once you have used electric you will never want to go back to manual on the very odd occasion I use the manual reel I automatically realise how lucky I am. 

We would welcome a review of this reel please.

The Reelmaster comes with an electronic speed and dead end controller but Grippa don't mention any such system on theirs. They just note a "push button control".

How do you guys with fixed reels deal with dirty hose in this wet winter weather, especially using under body rollers?
The plan is to review it, there so little information out there on anything other than the power up HD reel that I feel it’s my duty to given how much searching I did for information only to come up with loads of power up reviews and nothing else.

I was lucky in that I timed my purchase in with the show and managed to see the power up, pure freedom and the grippa systems all in one place, that occurs be only happens once a year though.

The reel has been in for a couple of months now so I have enough hours under my belt to give it a decent review. 

I will give a decent review with photos etc but I can sum it up in one word, fantastic.

I like the idea of that soft start and dead end feature Daz. Hence the reason for asking @Moor for his opinions.

The thing with these reels is that if your start to include the costs of all the additional 'necessary' optional items they do become very expensive.

you dont need most of the accessories.when i bought mine they didnt charge extra for the hot water upgrade(basically 2 metal discs fitted either side of the reel).i agree they are expensive at £600 but i reckon they will last many years of day to day use.....

if your a "serial faffer" and enjoy tinkering around and good at DIY you could build one a lot cheaper yourself but i couldnt be bothered.....

@Moor, how have you attached your grippa reel to the van floor. It looks like there's 4 slots on the base.
Mines on the top of the tank on a swivel base fixed with rapid racking. It fixes with bolts though.

The slots make it easier for the quick release base, probably a good idea if mounting to the floor, I didn’t need it as my swivel base comes apart easily to remove it when needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back