Crack on

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Smurf, May 6, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Smurf

Smurf Banned

When ppl say they just crack on in bad weather I don't really belive them as strong high winds & rain has put paid to me working outside today.

How about you?

Advertisement
  2. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

I have rung customers before now and asked how is the weather, they say 'Not bad at all. It will be fine.'

You drive to the job and its raining sideways and wheelie bins are flying through the air. I always look at the forecast if I get a weather warning and make a judgment from that.

Second day at home due to high winds and rain.

3. luc

luc Well-Known Member

yeh just taken a long lunch break winds have picked up big time :(

4. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Short day for me, 2 jobs and I'm done, wind was too strong and rain showers keep rolling in...

5. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

Soft lads..
    Crack on !

6. Posh

Posh Hero

5 jobs done & 1 quote. Home now. Winds are amazing.

7. Bit breezy. Done a gutter fascia job. no dramas

Crack on!

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I'm not so bothered about working in drizzle or getting caught in a short down pour but it's prolong rain & high gusting winds that really throws the spanner in the works for me.

The type of jobs I do it starts getting dangerous to try working safely at roofline height by ladders or waving a wfp or gutter vac pole about.

It's also not so cleaver to try pressure washing drives etc in gusting winds as overspray can travel long distances blowing **** onto passersby, passing vehicles, parked cars and surrounding property. Drainage can also be a big issue if the ground is saturated too like grass, borders etc as the runoff water has nowhere to go.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Well call me a liar then Smurf! I always crack on regardless usually. Rain alone = no issue. Wind alone = no issue (i don't do any real high stuff, just typical semis so pole is quite controllable with a little practice) When you got rain and wind together and in an angry mood then you cant simply crack on as you will be miserable, nothing will go right for you and you will simply get complaints from customers. In silly weather I sit do sit home and study the diary and make a plan to reschedule due jobs.

Being behind on my workload for me is torture, I actually lose sleep over it so I would rather be on time and get them outa the way.

10. monkeyman

monkeyman Well-Known Member

I don't mind working in any weather. But if it's affecting the results there's no point. You could just be creating more work and making yourself look bad.

Advertisement