Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Crash tested systems

WCF

Help Support WCF:

francie

Iv been thinking alot the past few months after reading a few stories about window cleaners killed in acceidents in there vans
Are these tanks that are fixed in with frames really safe?
Say a 500litre tank bolted in properperly in a crash will it hold an not come flying into the front,stupid question but iv actually changed my setup last week,i now have my tank in a newly refurbished trailer,my poles an stuff fit inside an an i use a sureflow pump box if it ever gets icy i can take the stuff out.
My work is really compact an i dont drive far but its actually alot less hassle to have everything in my trailer,an parking aint an issue.
So will these bolted systems hold in the event of a ssrious crash?
Im heading out with the children for a while will pop back later an read the replys thanks

There are many different designs most are made to deform and pop the lid so that the water inertia goes up towards the roof of the van taking the forward movement and risk of it coming through the bulk head away ionic, pure freedom and Grippatank are crash tested there may be more , look them up on google and YouTube it will show the videos in slow mo so you can see how it works , no set up can guarantee you won’t get hurt but crash tested and professional fitting is definitely the best way to protect yourself

Last edited:
Sorry for the late reply lads,that video was interesting thanks for posting.
How many on here has that setup.
Theres no ionics in Ireland i dont think,how much does it cost typically to install tanks like this?

Theres no ionics in Ireland i dont think,how much does it cost typically to install tanks like this?
I took advantage of Ionics’s price match offer. I sent them the cheapest quote I could find and they matched it (and upsold me on a few things, lol. But to be expected).

I traveled down from Scotland and stayed a couple of nights in Swindon while they did it. Personally it was worthwhile to have it done to a high standard. I know not everyone will agree. I remember a lad using the Spotless filling station outside who was shocked I had travelled from Glasgow ? But each to their own. ?

This was in 2020 and apart from one pre-filter housing that they replaced under warranty, it’s all worked flawlessly.

I took advantage of Ionics’s price match offer. I sent them the cheapest quote I could find and they matched it (and upsold me on a few things, lol. But to be expected).

I traveled down from Scotland and stayed a couple of nights in Swindon while they did it. Personally it was worthwhile to have it done to a high standard. I know not everyone will agree. I remember a lad using the Spotless filling station outside who was shocked I had travelled from Glasgow ? But each to their own. ?

This was in 2020 and apart from one pre-filter housing that they replaced under warranty, it’s all worked flawlessly.
Fairplay to you mate,how much did it cost for the install,an was it ro di in van etc you any pics?

Fairplay to you mate,how much did it cost for the install,a was it ro di in van etc you any pics?
My system was a DI only system as I live in a softwater area. Total cost in 2020 was £4227. This was the system itself, waterproofing of the van, an electric reel, installation and some other bits that I required (B2B charger, power washer outlet, etc).

My system was a DI only system as I live in a softwater area. Total cost in 2020 was £4227. This was the system itself, waterproofing of the van, an electric reel, installation and some other bits that I required (B2B charger, power washer outlet, etc).
Seems a tad pricey for just di only mate,suppose the system is solid an not going anywere.
So do you just fill your tank with your tap water an away you go?

Seems a tad pricey for just di only mate,suppose the system is solid an not going anywere.
So do you just fill your tank with your tap water an away you go?
That price is for everything I listed. Like I said it was priced matched to WCW who are often some of the cheapest, but not crash tested. I would spend if again in a heartbeat if I had to. The tank is secure and the waterproofing has been done properly. I haven’t had to even bench charge the battery the B2B has been that good.

We have 3 van setups all Ionic’s , they aren’t cheap but if you buy one second hand and get an Ionic’s approved fitting centre to fit it we pay around £200 Ionic’s will charge around £750 , , not sure about fitting in Ireland might need a visit to mainland uk ?

That price is for everything I listed. Like I said it was priced matched to WCW who are often some of the cheapest, but not crash tested. I would spend if again in a heartbeat if I had to. The tank is secure and the waterproofing has been done properly. I haven’t had to even bench charge the battery the B2B has been that good.
Whats a b2b lol do you just put tap water in your tank an away ye go,sounds handy master.

We have 3 van setups all Ionic’s , they aren’t cheap but if you buy one second hand and get an Ionic’s approved fitting centre to fit it we pay around £200 Ionic’s will charge around £750 , , not sure about fitting in Ireland might need a visit to mainland uk ?
Is yours ro di or just di pjj?

Whats a b2b lol do you just put tap water in your tank an away ye go,sounds handy master.
Battery 2 Battery. Older vans can use split charge relays but since mine is Euro 6 I believe it requires B2B. It’s what they often use in camper vans. They’re a lot more powerful and can charge a battery a lot quicker than a slit relay. 4 years so far and still going fine.

And I opted for DI before tank as we use to also have backpacks and would fill them directly from tank. But Ionics could have routed it the other way round so it’s tap water in tank and only purified just before the reel.

A place in Dublin fits ionics. I think its called Aylesbury....or something similar. They gave me a quote a few years ago but i never got a system from them.

Battery 2 Battery. Older vans can use split charge relays but since mine is Euro 6 I believe it requires B2B. It’s what they often use in camper vans. They’re a lot more powerful and can charge a battery a lot quicker than a slit relay. 4 years so far and still going fine.

And I opted for DI before tank as we use to also have backpacks and would fill them directly from tank. But Ionics could have routed it the other way round so it’s tap water in tank and only purified just before the reel.
Thanks for explaing the b2b master.
So do you have two pumps then,one to pump through di an into tank then one to pull out of tank into brush?

Back