Crime scene cleanups

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Neil, Oct 8, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Neil

Neil Grand Master

#1 Neil, Oct 8, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
    I want to get into doing this but really don't know what course or where to start, I thought I might post up on here if anyone does this sort of work or knows someone that does? I can't find nothing on the internet or anyone to talk to about it to get information

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Sorry I can't help you Neil as I've never wanted to do that sort of work.

3. Neil

Neil Grand Master

Don't blame you mate you've got to really want to do this job to get into it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Dealing with dead ppls liquids/mush is not my idea of a career move Neil. :rolleyes:

You will probably get called in to mainly clean up properties that bodies have been there decaying for weeks. :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. seye

seye Forum Addict

I remember there was a documentary on tv a few years back on people who did this very thing. Mostly they got called in to clear up the aftermath of a crime scene after body was removed etc. 1st port of call I would think would be your local college somebody there would be able to point you in the right direction.
    Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

6. abs

abs Guru

Done this with a company called react here in Derby many years ago , every police force has there own contractor and if I remember they was so many back handers the tiny people don't stand a chance

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. stuvy

stuvy Well-Known Member

About 7 years back I worked as a valeter/mechanic/bodyworker/interior fitter for a business selling and rebuilding motor caravans.

We brought a German motor home that was worth good money from auction really cheap that had an old guy take it to Spain on his retirement and actually died in it. He wasn't discovered for ten days and the bed was in quite a state when he was removed.

I had to cut the bed completely out and remove the floor and replace all the mattress etc.

Honest to god it was the hardest thing iv ever had to do. I can still remember the smell and the flakes of skin I had to remove, it wasn't very nice. The Spanish authorities had removed the mattress and the body was there was a huge mess to still clear up.

Are you sure it's what you really want to do?

Wouldn't it be easier to go to an estate agents and offer end of tenancy cleaning and carpet cleaning with minor decorating thrown in?

8. abs

abs Guru

I went through a week of booster injections and wore very expensive suits and respirators because of the airborne nasties hope you did the same m8

9. TolishAPurd

That puts it into perspective^. Rather you then me neil.:thumbsdown:

10. abs

abs Guru

My first week on the job we was called to look at a bungalow where this old lady died, she suffered a huge fatal heart attack and lay in a doorway over night , she fell in such a way that head was lower than body as she lay in a heap, the full contents of this lady's stomach including her stomach acid leaked out aswell as 60% of the lady's blood, we were called by family who couldn't even enter the property, when we did the job we had a skip to throw the carpets away then we used chemicals on the wooden floor ,we then left a machine there overnight that cleaned the air ,it was very interesting work, it was a bit sad seeing this old woman's wedding photo on the mantle ,not a job for everyone, I also did a blood clean up in a cell where the guy cut his wrists he lived though but we had to mop the ceiling lol

Advertisement