CT1 fun and games

Discussion in 'Gutter & Fascia Cleaning' started by nick666, May 30, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. nick666

nick666 Member

I use CT1 for gutter repairs and I have a to sort out a bit of a **** up asap and remove an over enthusiastic application of it-at £60 a gallon it makes petrol seem cheap;-).Anyone any any ideas of a product that will remove it that I can get from b anq or similar to save me a trip down to suppliers -I dont want to put chewing gum into my carpet so I can justify the expense and buggering around;-)

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

You mean this stuff?

Now what exactly did you do as I have no idea what you are going on about

3. TolishAPurd

That is some great stuff, but it is bloody expensive. I just use a good exterior sealant for gutters, ct1 is a bit overkill IMO.

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

5. nick666

nick666 Member

Thanks for vid Smurf. Put it on the outside of gutter to seal a joint-client is complaining there's too much on even though its transparent-he has a point though

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I tend not to mess about with leaking joints as I'm just a cleaner not a plumber.

Reason being If you just try to seal leaking joints a few months down the road I can bet you will get a phone call saying " you know that you charged me to seal that leaking gutter. Well it's started leaking again so what are you going to do about it"....Hmmm:rolleyes:

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

8. Utterly Gutterly

In my experience it is always better to change the gutter union or the seals than to use a sealant. On the very rare occasion that I have used a sealant I would apply it to the inside of the gutter.

Advertisement