Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Customer said i scratched her glass

WCF

Help Support WCF:

If you used the end of the pole you couldn't have done that, probably someone carrying something heavy has glanced off the glass.
My thoughts exactly mate,

Although it's on the opposite side to the entrance door with the handle and quite close to the garden fence so no walk around as such, I had a good look about for anything suspect, those marks are really bad and would take a serious amount of force or as you say something heavy and very heavy at that to scuff the glass so badly, 

the couple are a nice decent couple and he said his wife only noticed it as within a day of me cleaning the windows she will do the insides, I'll do a video tomorrow and see if they show up any better as it looks to be overcast and foggy so they may show up better. 

My thoughts exactly mate,

Although it's on the opposite side to the entrance door with the handle and quite close to the garden fence so no walk around as such, I had a good look about for anything suspect, those marks are really bad and would take a serious amount of force or as you say something heavy and very heavy at that to scuff the glass so badly, 

the couple are a nice decent couple and he said his wife only noticed it as within a day of me cleaning the windows she will do the insides, I'll do a video tomorrow and see if they show up any better as it looks to be overcast and foggy so they may show up better. 
It's not paint is it?  I had one on bi-fold doors last week, same as what you describe, but the customer was painting the fence when I got there so I realised it must have been paint, it looked like scratched scuff marks though.  Came off with lot's of agitation using a microfibre.

It's not paint is it?  I had one on bi-fold doors last week, same as what you describe, but the customer was painting the fence when I got there so I realised it must have been paint, it looked like scratched scuff marks though.  Came off with lot's of agitation using a microfibre.
Doubt it you can feel grooves with the finger nail maybe toughened glass does scuff like it has, going to take my tape measure to measure each scuff, whatever it is if it doesn't come off with a magic sponge then the balls in there court

I'll explain again how it's not possible for me to cause such damage and will happily contact my insurer if they want but they will just throw the claim out with damage such as that, I did notice the odd new planter near the doors but nothing as big and with as wide an edge to cause scuff marks and each scuff is a few inches apart. 

lone behold it was a scuff, not sure what off but quickly and easily removed with some soapy water and a magic sponge. ?

Good stuff.......??.....nothing worse than being accused of scratching glass off one of your customers....funnily enough its usually a customer who has had new windows fitted!
After chatting with the custy yesterday he told me it had been 5 years since the extension was built how time flies, I thought it was about 2 years, a good outcome all round though. 

Latest Posts

Back