Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

**** customers whom have no respect. Advice please.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I started to lose my patience about these sort of things over the last six months after years of letting things slide. I hate people who mess you around. I dropped 2 this week. One was a new clean about 4 months ago. Told me to leave it for the second time so they're gone. I don't have many every 2 month cleans but it's like doing a first clean every time. I filled their spot next day. You got to keep weeding out the worst of your work and replace it with good consistent customers.
I've only got 1 customer out of 320 that gets cleaned every two months and guess what she is english lol, people generally dont ask to get cleaned every two months up here, but by the sounds of it you guys are charging double the price so that can be understandable why they dont want done monthly. Charging them double every 2 months isn't going to solve the matter either because they would get it done monthly at £10 say for instance if that was the case. What i mean by double is say i would do a house for £10 and you guys would charge £20 a month and then if it was every two months it would be £40 but why would someone do that when they get them done twice in two months for £40 when they really only think the job is worth a £10.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kev it's not a carry on phoning customers I do it to a small amount of my customers so I don't have to jump over gates! plus I tell them to leave the money out so no collecting I haven't had one customer tell me to leave it this time, I think it's a part of building trust especially when there new.

I don't text them and I don't ask them questions like would you like your windows cleaned again tomorrow? because the answer will probably be no.

I wouldn't be texting or phoning anyone lol i turn up when i turn up, i would just drop them if i had to go through all that carry on, if the gates locked i'll jump over it
My town has areas where some of the mid terraced houses don't have back gates

That's why they get a text and my 6ft triples i can stand upright and walk straight through (saying that most of them i do with my pole and ladders occasionally just to make sure frames are spot on)

Can do the sills and frames with my pole unless the pigeons have been round

always dread sending texts, usually get one back every so often asking to leave it. but if you dont then gates locked, not jumped over a gate yet lol.

only had one turn me away, didnt go back. i dont mind if its in advance and they say they are on hol or having building work done etc, but if i get there without warning they are either getting cleaned or binned off. unless like one recently who was having work done, i do two houses either side then i dont mind so much and ill do it next time

Kev it's not a carry on phoning customers I do it to a small amount of my customers so I don't have to jump over gates! plus I tell them to leave the money out so no collecting I haven't had one customer tell me to leave it this time, I think it's a part of building trust especially when there new.I don't text them and I don't ask them questions like would you like your windows cleaned again tomorrow? because the answer will probably be no.
Fair enough mate. It just wouldn't suit the way i work to do that

My town has areas where some of the mid terraced houses don't have back gatesThat's why they get a text and my 6ft triples i can stand upright and walk straight through (saying that most of them i do with my pole and ladders occasionally just to make sure frames are spot on)

Can do the sills and frames with my pole unless the pigeons have been round
Every area is different mate, i've just never had to do it personally

just a thought, there are pre paid texting services like clickatell and fire text you can group message and set up not to accept replies, your mobile provider probably uses the same tactic when advertising a promotion to you, you can assume 98% will be read (current stats for text received and read) then you can very successfully get your message across and limit the fluffy customers ability to softly bin your services. its pretty cheap £10-15 a year would have you covered. was thinking about this method for reminding people to put out money or bank transfer details after cleaning etc...

Back