Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Da components edge brush

WCF

Help Support WCF:

@Jango I've got a couple of the Edge brushes. I bought the flocked one and the medium soft one. They are good quality and very well built. Like you said the built in bumper is brilliant. I can't quite make up my mind on the jets. Sometimes they are great, but on low level windows where the brush might be turned slightly (even though I have a swivel) I'm finding the jets a little bit tricky to aim. Will probably just take a bit of practice. I've also got a pair of the fan jets but I'm not too bothered by them so just stick with the v jets.

The swivel to fixed adapter is very clever, but as it's quite chunky and sometimes I need to swap brush heads quickly I've just put quick loq sockets on them.

You'll like the flocked one, it has a very good splay on windows.

@Scrubsy
At first I used the pencil jets, but then decided to use the v jets built in. I used it on my own windows at first, I understand where your coming from, a couple of times I have had to redo, as I didn’t get the angle just right. I’m used to them now.
Yes it is chunky, I’ve found it great through Juliet balconies with it been shorter.
I know what you mean it has to be unscrewed to swap brushes. But it is quite quick to do a couple of mins.
Not used the flocked as yet, but looks a nice brush once again.

@Jango yes I saw the pencil jets were 1.25mm. Probably ok if your combining then with other jets, but on their own too much pressure 👍. Hope you enjoy the flocked 😊

@Jango I've been using the edge brushes quite a bit this week mate. I have the flocked one (heritage) and the elite (medium-soft). They are very good. They are retaining shape perfectly and on the elite one the bristles splay really easily - almost like a gardiner supreme. I used the heritage one on some velux windows and it was brilliant (normally I'd use a Gardiner flocked sill but I find the radial bristles flick water/dirt around a bit). I stuck with the v-jets and they're great on the frames and less side to side movement needed when rinsing down the window. Very impressed.

@Scrubsy
Yes I’ve worked with it for a couple of weeks now. I’m really impressed. Mines the edge DuPont. The splay is good I like the swivel not as much wear on the clamps, with it been on the brush and not the gooseneck. It’s excellent piece of kit. Not used the flocked as yet.

@Jango yes the dupont one looks good. The range of brushes is quite big. I put gardiner sockets on, just so I could change them over quickly (I have a few jobs where I sometimes change from a flocked to a medium) but it wouldn't be much hassle changing the brush including the socket. I think the quick loq system has spoilt us making it so easy to swap brushes lol.

Back