Detailing

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by CNS-southwest, Nov 26, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. CNS-southwest

CNS-southwest Grand Master

Is getting really anoying and leaving a mark the next day round the window edge :s also the scrim is leaving bits on the window, its been washed a fair few times :(

Advertisement
  2. laddergarder

Are you sure its a scrim you are using?

Also, are you using them, while they are damp or wet?

If it is scrims you are using, did you buy pre-washed scrims?

3. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Leaving bits, do you mean wee bits of fluff? What soap are you using? Try to leave the edges with very little on the to scrim..

4. CNS-southwest

Yes bits of fluff, not pre washed but I washed then a few times, well I've tried both try n damp an they both leave a mark

5. laddergarder

I have never heard of scrims leaving fluff. But the unwashed ones are terrible, and take months before they really soften. Always buy the pre-washed ones, they are a huge difference. I also cut mine down, into quarters then re-hem them. That way its less likely that another wet part of the cloth with scuff the window, as you detail. But that I mean, make sure as you wipe around the edges, the tail end of the cloth that hangs down, doesn't contact the glass. As there will inevitably be wet areas as you use it more which will leave marks.

6. Kips

Kips Well-Known Member

Dog ear your squeegee fella. Ive done all mine and now I dont have to do any detailing like 99% of the time..

7. CNS-southwest

The cloth never touched the window :s

I need to check if it was a pre washed one or not, it's not so much fluff, more like small prices of thread??

Dog ear is something I defo need to do.... Also need to get a proper wagtail or vice versa as mine is a pig lol

8. mark m

mark m Hero

you get different grades of scrim so it might be the mixture of grade b and a unwashed scrim

9. GMcleaning

GMcleaning Guru

press harder and move slower with your finger when detailing, its not just a case of gently wiping round the edges, you have to dry the edge with out it bleeding back onto the glass, also the scrim has to be completely dry or it wont detail as it should

10. CNS-southwest

Gm - great bit of advise, ill have another crack going a slower and pushing harder (that what she say, ta dum)

Advertisement