Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which would you choose

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Reach For The Glass

Hi guys

Right raise I need a hose & reel, controller, pump and battery plus any connections needed to go van mount.

I want decent equipment that's reliable but don't want to spend a small fortune.

So what would be your choices please comment on your choice of

Pump

Controller

Battery

Hose reel

Or

A pump in a box ?

Also one more thing. How do you charge the battery used in the setup?

Cheers guys

Well, i have a plastic hoselock reel, no controller, £15 chinese pump, £50 70ah leisure battery off ebay, hose reel was soem 6mm microbore off ebay about 40 quid.

Is it reliable? had this setup over a year and on my second pump, so yeh, but you could spend a lot more so its up to you. I planned on upgrading but i dont feel any need apart from a reel, will get a power up when funds allow as winding in is the worst part of the job for me

Thanks

No offence intended but I would like a slightly better pump and reel, I think anyway.

I had my eye on gardiners lightweight reel and exceeds blue hose.

I don't want to be replacing pumps etc because there not great quality. I'd rather buy once and buy right. Although I understand all things break.

I thought you needed a controller?

claber hose reel,shureflo pump,simple anologue controller from gardiners,leisure battery from halfords.to charge your battery-bench charge it or simply buy a split relay(charge while you drive)also buy 50mtrs of gardiners hose and buy a barbed fitting to secure some blue exceed hose,steve sells it in 10,20-100mtrs,it will give you more distance with your reel hose and work out cheaper with an exceed tubeless kit.just a thought!!

Hi guys
Right raise I need a hose & reel, controller, pump and battery plus any connections needed to go van mount.

I want decent equipment that's reliable but don't want to spend a small fortune.

So what would be your choices please comment on your choice of

Pump

Controller

Battery

Hose reel

Or

A pump in a box ?

Also one more thing. How do you charge the battery used in the setup?

Cheers guys
Pump.

Shurflo 5.2 LPM pump. They have lasted 10 years, 8 years and 4 years respectively. That's good enough for me.

Controller.

We have always used Varistreams. They have been very reliable. If I was to replace it now then it would probably be a Spring analogue controller.

Easy Analogue Liquid Logic™ Pump Flow Controller - Vehicle Pump Controllers - Pump & System Controllers - Pump & Hose - All Products Gardiner Pole Systems

Battery and charger.

85 amp hour leisure battery for single operator or 110 amp leisure battery for twin operators. If you can afford it then go for a 110 amp anyway. Buy from a local source so you can easily action any warranty issues in the future. Getting a warranty is more difficult if you have bought it via the internet.

A proper leisure battery charger. I would also add a split charge relay into the equation.

Hose reel.

Petal hose reel with wheels.

Our first one has lasted 10 years. The only thing that has been replaced is the Hozelok connector. I often wheel the hose reel out to the furthest point and walk the hose reel back to the van laying down the hose I need. I couldn't do that if the hose reel didn't have wheels.

We have always used 100m of minibore hose. We will try microbore once the hose needs replacing again.

I can't comment on a pump box as I don't have one. I charge my battery without taking it out of the van.

Latest Posts

Back