Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

2nd hand system

WCF

Help Support WCF:

CCS

Hi guys

Been using a backpack and 25l containers for sometime now and have been looking at upgrading my system but without breaking the bank.

I’ve come across somebody near me selling his system but just wondering if you guys could offer some advice.

He’s selling

12v 100psi pump
450l tank
Metal reel with 100m hose
70ah Leisure battery with trickle charger.
With all hoses to attach it together and start earning straight away for £300.

Do you guys think this is a reasonable price or would i be better going elsewhere? Not sure I’d be better off buying the battery separately.

Doesn’t come with a flow controller as he says he never fitted one and just used the quarter turn shut off valve on the end of the hose to control the flow.
Would this be ok? What would happen at the pump if i closed the valve, wouldn’t it just wear itself out as it wouldn’t cut out?

Looking to purchase tonight depending on your advice ?

Hi guys

Been using a backpack and 25l containers for sometime now and have been looking at upgrading my system but without breaking the bank.

I’ve come across somebody near me selling his system but just wondering if you guys could offer some advice.

He’s selling

12v 100psi pump
450l tank
Metal reel with 100m hose
70ah Leisure battery with trickle charger.
With all hoses to attach it together and start earning straight away for £300.

Do you guys think this is a reasonable price or would i be better going elsewhere? Not sure I’d be better off buying the battery separately.

Doesn’t come with a flow controller as he says he never fitted one and just used the quarter turn shut off valve on the end of the hose to control the flow.
Would this be ok? What would happen at the pump if i closed the valve, wouldn’t it just wear itself out as it wouldn’t cut out?

Looking to purchase tonight depending on your advice ?
Why is he selling it?

Is the water tank an upright or flat tank? I would only ever buy an upright tank.
Does it have a frame so you can securely fit it to your vehicle? If not, is the tank a make you can buy an off the shelf frame for, ie. Wydale?

I would never run a pump and regulate the flow like this cleaner says he does. I will always use a flow controller. A good quality pump will have a pressure switch that will switch the pump on and off manually. So expect the pump to be well worn.

I personally would assume the battery needs replacing so only worth scrap value.

What is the condition of the hose and hose reel? He is probably selling the hose reel as it's well worn as well.

Tbh I would price a new tank, Shurflo pump, hose reel and new hose up and see the cost difference.

"With all hoses to attach it together and start earning straight away for £300." This sounds like a part of the seller's advert. It never works that way.

Sorry to be negative but the majority of used stuff I've seen over the years for sale has been over priced junk.

What vehicle are you planning to put this tank into?

Last edited:
Selling due to change of business apparently.
Its an upright tank but no frame comes with it.

Think you may be right, i may be better off pricing it up separately myself.

Just seemed a bargain but maybe because its not worth it.

I’ve attached the photos.

Attachments

• 3BE8441E-1883-4F55-8D6D-2D01239EEEDA.png
    3BE8441E-1883-4F55-8D6D-2D01239EEEDA.png
    252.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 3BB70FBD-8279-4448-939F-5A6CF80ABBA0.png
    3BB70FBD-8279-4448-939F-5A6CF80ABBA0.png
    105.8 KB · Views: 8
  • F9304A96-FCAA-49DD-A694-5B1D016C2983.png
    F9304A96-FCAA-49DD-A694-5B1D016C2983.png
    330.4 KB · Views: 8
Actually the hose reel doesn't look too bad. It looks pretty new. Usually the reason why stuff comes up for sale is because it's worn out.
I'm not sure what make the tank is. There are frames available that can be adjusted to fit.

I would certainly add a controller to the system as well as a tank frame if you opted to buy it.

But I still think buying new wouldn't be that much more.

The metal real looks in good condition as dos the pipe.

A new tank will set you back about £220

Those reals are about £60

So those 2 things would cost you about 300. Pump are about 100 + flow control.

All said I would get a battery so without a battery you could probably get everything new for about 500

The metal real looks in good condition as dos the pipe.

A new tank will set you back about £220

Those reals are about £60

So those 2 things would cost you about 300. Pump are about 100 + flow control.

All said I would get a battery so without a battery you could probably get everything new for about 500
I agree. By the time you add the cost of the hose on the hose reel, the asking price isn't much less than the new cost.

I would rather buy a new Wydale tank as I know PureFreedom sell frames in stainless steel to fit them. Fitted properly, those tanks frames are crash tested.

The only thing I would add is I don’t use a flow controller just a pump but always work flat out so not regulating with a valve
The dosatron sorts out my softwash side of things and I connect to customers tap for fascia’s and conny roofs etc
Apart from that I would buy new anyway as you know the equipment hasn’t been mistreated
I change the pressure switch annually and have no issues
It depends how quick you work as a controller will save you water if you are not smashing the jobs out

Latest Posts

Back