Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

DI Resin - top up or replace?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dave Bass

[SIZE=12pt]Hi guys,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Just a random question, I’m not fussed either way but curious as to your thoughts;[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]A couple of months ago I was waiting on new RO membranes so instead of filling my DI vessel right up and letting it burn through the resin, I put the last of a bag in which took it to about half full. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I’ve since changed the membranes obviously but the resin is wearing out (currently sitting around 3ppm from 20ppm pre DI)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Just wondering if it’s ok to just top it up with fresh resin or would it be best to throw what’s in there away first? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Thanks, Dave[/SIZE]

I would double DI it for a bit if it was me. Let the old DI take the first hit, get it down to 3-20 and then let the new DI get it to 0.

Pr

I would double DI it for a bit if it was me. Let the old DI take the first hit, get it down to 3-20 and then let the new DI get it to 0.

Pr
Thanks, it no longer needs to take the hit as the RO is sorted and putting out approx 14-20ppm into the DI. I was just curious about what to do with the partially worn resin now it’s sorted ?

Back