Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bad Batch of DI Resin

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ShropsWindowCleaner

Hi all. Is it possible to get a ‘bad batch’ of DI Resin? I’ve been purifying my own water for around three years with no issues through an RO unit and DI resin. A 25 litre bag of Unger resin lasted me well over a year using an 11 litre DI vessel, I would change it when the TDS reached 4ppm. My latest bag of Unger resin isn’t lasting nearly as long before the TDS creeps up. In two weeks it’s from 0ppm to 1ppm. As the thread title asks: is it possible I could have a ‘bad batch’ of resin? Thanks in advance.

Hi all. Is it possible to get a ‘bad batch’ of DI Resin? I’ve been purifying my own water for around three years with no issues through an RO unit and DI resin. A 25 litre bag of Unger resin lasted me well over a year using an 11 litre DI vessel, I would change it when the TDS reached 4ppm. My latest bag of Unger resin isn’t lasting nearly as long before the TDS creeps up. In two weeks it’s from 0ppm to 1ppm. As the thread title asks: is it possible I could have a ‘bad batch’ of resin? Thanks in advance.
I'd just buy 10 litre bags each time of ebay that way its going to be fresher and not exposed to moisture whilst sat around works for me

Back