Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pre-filter for Vyair 11 Litre DI vessel

WCF

Help Support WCF:

salmanhamid

Hi all

I am quite new to this so hopping someone can help ideally post some links if possible.

I have recently bought a Pre-filter for Vyair 11 Litre DI vessel  to wash my car however since I live in a hard water area 300+ ppm my resin gets eaten up quite quickly. 

Can you recommend a pre-filter that I can use with my DI to bring the PPM down before t he water goes to the vessel?

I was reading about using 2 vessels but but that is not practical in my case as I need the solution to be as portable as possible!

Many thanks in advance 

Sal

As @Dave B has said , give @doug atkinson a ring he can advise you best what you need to do to reduce costs and resin usage he’s a good helpful guy and reasonable prices and won’t try and sell you stuff you don’t need , also he only sells quality kit unlike a lot of the stuff that’s on eBay most of which is cheap Chinese rubbish . 

As @Dave B has said , give @doug atkinson a ring he can advise you best what you need to do to reduce costs and resin usage he’s a good helpful guy and reasonable prices and won’t try and sell you stuff you don’t need , also he only sells quality kit unlike a lot of the stuff that’s on eBay most of which is cheap Chinese rubbish . 
Be carefull what you say Paul.... don't want to be accused of bullying???

Hi all

I am quite new to this so hopping someone can help ideally post some links if possible.

I have recently bought a Pre-filter for Vyair 11 Litre DI vessel  to wash my car however since I live in a hard water area 300+ ppm my resin gets eaten up quite quickly. 

Can you recommend a pre-filter that I can use with my DI to bring the PPM down before t he water goes to the vessel?

I was reading about using 2 vessels but but that is not practical in my case as I need the solution to be as portable as possible!

Many thanks in advance 

Sal
A simple search of the forum says RO system 

Hi all

Many thanks in advance 

Sal
Is it just for washing your own car? If so it may be best finding a spotless water location, if one is close, and filling up some containers. Obviously this may not be practical but if you can make it work it’s a lot cheaper! 

https://www.spotlesswater.co.uk

Hi Doug 

I was getting aroun 2ppm, not sure about how many litres but it only lasted me 4-5 car washes before the ppm went to 100 plus.

Thanks 

Sal
We sell a lot for car washing but I recommend our 14 litre for hard water areas. With Tulsion MB-115 which we sell you get around 550-700 litres from 10 litres at your ppm.

You only use the water for final rinse so around 70 litres worst case you would use.

We sell a lot for car washing but I recommend our 14 litre for hard water areas. With Tulsion MB-115 which we sell you get around 550-700 litres from 10 litres at your ppm.

You only use the water for final rinse so around 70 litres worst case you would use.
Thank you!! 

When you say 14 litre, are you recommending to get a different vessel?

I think that's where I am doing it wrong, I am using vessel for the full car wash instead of final rinse!

Thank you!! 

When you say 14 litre, are you recommending to get a different vessel?

I think that's where I am doing it wrong, I am using vessel for the full car wash instead of final rinse!
You only do it as a final rinse.

11 litre will be fine. With Tulsion MB 115 it should come out at 000 ppm but with higher ppm you need a larger vessel.

Hi Sal,

Did you get 000 ppm when using it and how many litres did you get out of it.

You only do it as a final rinse.

11 litre will be fine. With Tulsion MB 115 it should come out at 000 ppm but with higher ppm you need a larger vessel.
Quick question, does water softener increases TDS level, I just checked my kitchen tap that is around 240ppi and bathroom which is softened water is around 500, I'm confused!!!

Latest Posts

Back