Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Resin?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Beeejayteee

So if you're aware of my previous posts you'll know I'm new to WFP. I live in a good water region, about 38 out of the tap so no need for an RO system. I was lead to believe the resin would last quite some time. I have an 11 litre tank and use about 150 litres a day but I was disappointed that after only about three weeks of use the tds reading started to climb. After it reached 5 today I had to conclude the resin had finished and so changed and now we're back to 0. Is this about right?

So if you're aware of my previous posts you'll know I'm new to WFP. I live in a good water region, about 38 out of the tap so no need for an RO system. I was lead to believe the resin would last quite some time. I have an 11 litre tank and use about 150 litres a day but I was disappointed that after only about three weeks of use the tds reading started to climb. After it reached 5 today I had to conclude the resin had finished and so changed and now we're back to 0. Is this about right?

What resin are you using?

A couple of pointers.

It's best to filter tap water through resin slowly, as that allows for the resin to be used more efficiently.

Water can create channels in the resin. I give my di vessel a shake when the tds starts to creep up, even though I use an r/o.

You will benefit from double di. With a double di you would leave your first vessel connected and add a second after the first one. So even if the original vessel reads 20ppm for example, it will still help as the water going into the second di is18ppm, rather than 38. When the tds after the second vessel starts to rise then all the resin in the original di is spent. Refill the original vessel with fresh resin and put it as number 2. You will be fully utilizing your resin this way.

You have to do the maths, especially if you are on a water meter and the ever rising cost of resin, but it may be worth looking at an r/o.

What resin are you using?

A couple of pointers.

It's best to filter tap water through resin slowly, as that allows for the resin to be used more efficiently.

Water can create channels in the resin. I give my di vessel a shake when the tds starts to creep up, even though I use an r/o.

You will benefit from double di. With a double di you would leave your first vessel connected and add a second after the first one. So even if the original vessel reads 20ppm for example, it will still help as the water going into the second di is18ppm, rather than 38. When the tds after the second vessel starts to rise then all the resin in the original di is spent. Refill the original vessel with fresh resin and put it as number 2. You will be fully utilizing your resin this way.

You have to do the maths, especially if you are on a water meter and the ever rising cost of resin, but it may be worth looking at an r/o.
That's really interesting. I've just got rid of resin that was producing a tds count of 5 which is much lower than the 34 out of the tap. I'll look into that.

You need bigger resin vessels.i use 2 x 25L vessels.....my tap tds is around 024...one 25L bag lasts me around 5 months.....i use around 2000 litres per week(unger resin)....

Somethings wrong somewhere....I suspect your tap tds is a lot higher than 038!or you ve got **** resin!

So not go by resin calculator as each brand is different.

Did you by the vessel with resin or did you fill it yourself, if so up to where in the vessel.

As Spruce asked what resin where you using.

Latest Posts

Back