Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Resin advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

D

Deleted member 84

So I've given up with a resin vessel got fed up of the hard work to change the spent resin.

I've gone back to the 10 inch cartridge system.

The water into my membranes is 100 psi from the mains. The tds of water after membranes is 09 ppm.

The problem I'm getting is within a day or so 600 litres of pure made the resin is going from 0 ppm to 03ppm. I have a feeling there pressure is too much for it.

So I'm looking at putting another resin cartridge in line with fresh resin in and just changing one around every time it keeps to 05 ppm.

Will this help in not going through so much resin.

I'm not using a vessel no more. It was 11 litres and I was changing every 6 months but it was hard work getting into each time. So gone back to basics

Hard work yes it is considering the 10 inch has a tool to take it off.

How are you getting the lid off the resin vessel? I'm having to turn it on its side to drain water out, then putting the top of the vessel in a vice to release all the pressure out of it to allow me to open it.

Feel free to share an easier method without water passing out every where and then getting the lid back on first time with out cross threading.

I do prefer the vessels but maybe a better one is needed I've seen the spectrum ones that looks alot easier to try and open up.

Hard work yes it is considering the 10 inch has a tool to take it off.

How are you getting the lid off the resin vessel? I'm having to turn it on its side to drain water out, then putting the top of the vessel in a vice to release all the pressure out of it to allow me to open it.

Feel free to share an easier method without water passing out every where and then getting the lid back on first time with out cross threading.

I do prefer the vessels but maybe a better one is needed I've seen the spectrum ones that looks alot easier to try and open up.
Just unscrew the head and pull it out there isn’t any pressure in the vessel when the hoses are taken off it as @tench0771 said it’s an easy job, to get the resin out of the vessel if it’s sticking tip it at an angle and put the garden hose in it and flush it out , I always find the time consuming bit putting the resin back in the vessel .

My vessel is a bigger one it just unscrews no vice or tools just a quick unscrew and tip resin out fill back up with a traffic cone job done to be fair ive never used a 10" but the bigger ones are just screw fit trick to not cross freading is fill with water once new resin in in

I use a smaller 6 litre di vessel which is easier to manage for me.

I also have to put my vessel in my vice to hold it when I unscrew the head.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back